𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚

Walking alone in Hawkins at the crack of dawn had to be Frankie's favorite thing she had ever done

Walking alone in Hawkins at the crack of dawn had to be Frankie's favorite thing she had ever done. The cold fall air nipped at her skin, turning her nose and cheeks a bright red. She was thankful that Steve had lent her a pair of his sweatpants and a sweatshirt, knowing she would not survive in her costume.

She had no time to go home, so she settled for a quick 'morning' through the radio. She mentally praised herself for one, being quiet enough to not wake up Steve as she showered and two, the extra clothes she always had in her trunk.

It sucked having to change inside of a car, but those were the circumstances and Frankie had no other choice. She arrived at the high school just in time to see Billy leaned against his car, practically waiting for her. 

She jumped out of the car, cigarette between her lips, Billy's smirk widening as she approached him.

'Need a light?' Billy asked and chuckled, as he noticed Frankie patting her pockets. The girl rolled her eyes but nodded, catching the lighter with ease. She lit her cigarette, throwing the lighter back to Billy.

'You're here early.' she said and leaned next to him on the hood of his car.

'I had to drop my step sister off early. Some shit about working on a project.' he said, tone indicating that he didn't really like his sister.

'The redhead, right?' Frankie asked, causing Billy to give her a weird look. When she noticed, she chuckled. 'I've seen her get out of your car like, every day. I'm not a stalker or some shit.' they both chuckled as more cars began arriving in the parking lot, all eyes on the pair.

'So,' began Billy. 'wanna tell me why everyone's looking at us like we're some circus act?' Frankie snorted and took a drag of her cigarette.

'I'm guessing you haven't heard the story. Which is honestly surprising.' she said, rolling her eyes at the dirty looks she received from Tina, Carol and Vicky. 

'I heard that you were gone for like a year, and then magically turned up out of the blue a few months ago.' Billy said, crushing his cigarette with his boot. Frankie chuckled looking at the pavement, blowing out smoke through her nose.

'I guess that's like half of the story.' she said, intriguing Billy.

'Please, do tell. I wanna know why people keep staring at you and whispering.' Frankie rolled her eyes, dropping the cigarette butt to the ground, just as Steve's BMW parked next to Roscoe. 

'Maybe another time. I gotta go.' she said and began to leave, but a hand wrapped around her wrist, turning her around.

'How about Friday? What do you say? Dinner, maybe we catch a movie?' Frankie stuttered as her heart began racing, her face turning pale as Billy's grip tightened. For a quarter of a second, it wasn't the blond, mullet wearing boy before her, but a monster. Black, cold eyes boring into her blue ones and matching dark hair covering his forehead. Frankie gulped as she blinked and Billy was back.