𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

'Oh yeah

'Oh yeah.' Steve said, taking off his sunglasses. 'Yeah, this will do.' He began walking closer to the junkyard. 'This will do just fine. Good call, dude.' Dustin smiled at the praise, stopping Frankie from advancing.

'Hey, I'm sorry, for earlier. I didn't know, I should've kept my mouth shut-' Frankie sighed and looked at him.

'Exactly. You didn't know. No one did. It's fine. I promise.' She wrapped an arm around his shoulders, following Steve, dropping more meat as they walked.

They emptied the buckets in the middle of the yard, Frankie's nose scrunching in disgust at the smell. 

'I said medium-well!' The three looked up to see two more kids, a dark skinned boy and the redhead she saw getting out of Billy's car.

'Who's that?' Steve asked as the newly arrived kids made their way towards them. 

'Steve...' He looked at Frankie, seeing her raised brow. 'Oh...' Finally the kids reached them.

Lucas shot his hand out towards Frankie, frowning when the girl flinched. 'Lucas Sinclair, nice to meet you.' Frankie chuckled and shook his hand.

'Frankie Hopper. Pleasure to be here. I guess.' Her eyes fell on the redhead. 'You're Billy's step sister, right?' The girl nodded, though confused as how this random teenage girl knew who she was.

'I saw you getting out of his car, like every day. That's how I know.' Frankie said, extending her arm towards the slightly shorter girl.

'Oh. I'm Max.' she said, a friendly smile replacing the confused look. 'Frankie.' Max nodded as they shook hands. 

'Yeah, I know who you are. Billy talked about you.' Frankie's brows shot upwards, as Steve's back grew rigid. 

'H-he did?' Frankie asked, wiping her sweaty hand on her jeans. Max rolled her eyes and nodded. 'Yeah. Said you were too hard headed for him. You don't gotta be worried about him making a move.' Frankie sighed in relief. 

'Oh, thank God. I would've rejected him anyway. He's an ass. I'm sorry you have to have him as your step brother.' Max nodded, eyes widening.

'I know, right? I can't stand him.' The girls walked away, a bond growing between them at an alarmingly fast rate. 'Did they just...become best friends over Billy's assholeness?' Lucas asked, looking at the girls who began cleaning out the bus, smiling and laughing at random topics.

'I think they did.' Steve replied, but quickly snapped in leader mode. 'All right. Let's go. We got work to do.' 

╚═══❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═══╝

Frankie grunted as her and Max set up the ladder in the middle of the bus. 'All right, looks good.' The girls high fived, and left the bus, looking at the boys.