𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

The group walked towards Hawkins Lab, Frankie and Steve with their weapons ready

The group walked towards Hawkins Lab, Frankie and Steve with their weapons ready. Frankie tensed as they got closer to the end of the treeline, and a voice rang out.

'Hello? Who's there? Who's there?' They finally broke out the treeline, and Frankie's jaw dropped at who her flashlight illuminated.

'Steve?' Nancy and Jonathan asked together. Then they saw the girl. 'Frankie?'

'Nancy?' Steve walked closer to the pair.

'Jonathan?' asked Frankie following him.

'What are you doing here?' asked Nancy, also walking closer.

'What are you doing here?' shot back Frankie.

'We're looking for Mike and Will,' replied Nancy, and bile rose up in Frankie's throat.

'They're not in there, are they?'

Nancy looked at her. 'We're not sure.'

'Why?' asked Jonathan, before loud screeching filled the air. Frankie gulped, her breath catching in her throat. 'That's why.' she managed to choke out. Her head turned towards Jonathan and Nancy.

'Have you guys heard anything from my dad?' Jonathan tore his teary eyes from the building.

'No. But my guess, he's probably with my mom. And if Will is in there, so is my mom.' Frankie's heart plummeted to her stomach. 'And so is my dad.'

Frankie felt like she might faint. But she had to stay calm so she could help her dad. Voices around her blurred as she tried to come up with a plan.

'The power's back on.' said Nancy and Frankie finally saw the wire gate. She gasped and took off towards it, ready to climb it. Arms wrapped around her waist and planted her back to the ground.

'No way. There's barbed wire over there, you don't see it? asked Steve.

'Steve, my dad is in there. If i have to get over fucking barbed wire, I will get over fucking barbed wire.' She tried to get out of his grip, but he was too strong. Suddenly, the gate slid open and Dustin yelled happily from inside the security check room.

'Hey, I got it!' Jonathan and Nancy jumped in the car and drove towards the lab before Frankie could process it. Steve leaned against a yellow pillar and hugged a shaking Frankie, keeping her securely to his chest so she wouldn't run off.

After a few painfully silent minutes, Frankie broke away from Steve, and paced in front of him, chewing her thumb nail.

'Guys' said Max, and the sound of screeching tires met their ears. They all looked up and saw two cars driving their way. One of them the Chief's ranger. Nancy and Jonathan's car flew past them, horn beeping.

Hopper's car stopped in front of the team, the man himself behind the wheel.

'Holy shit.' said Frankie, her breath catching in her throat.

'Let's go.' Frankie and Steve pushed everyone inside before they followed, Frankie ending up on Steve's lap.

'Dad, oh my God.' Frankie latched her arms around his neck.