𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙞𝙭

'All right, people

'All right, people. Here's what we need. Meat, doesn't matter what kind and preferably raw, gasoline, rubber gloves, because no way in hell I'm touching raw meat with my bare hands and buckets, to store said meat inside.' Frankie read off the small notepad, as Steve parked in front of a grocery store.

Frankie and Steve had spent the night at Steve's house, letting Dustin sleep in his own bed, picking up the boy the following morning, Frankie handing each a ham sandwich she had prepared prior to the two teenagers departure from the Harrington residence.

She was confused when she woke up in a bed and not Steve's car, where she remembered falling asleep, but figured the boy had brought her inside and tucked her in. He won brownie points for the note he left apologizing that she had to sleep in her day clothes and not pijamas as he one, didn't want to wake her up and two, didn't want to make her uncomfortable by undressing her.

'Yes, ma'am' Dustin said as the three walked inside the store. 'Okay, Steve, you get the buckets, we can pick up the gasoline at a gas station, Dustin, you get the gloves, make sure they're larges, I'll get the meat.' With one last nod the group spread, getting the supplies.

It still hadn't dawned on Frankie what they were doing. She was up all night, looking at the skin 'Dart', as Dustin named the creature, left behind. From what the boy said, he was at first some sort of slug, which later on molted into a baby demorgon, which murdered Mews, Dustin's cat.

The group met back up after they had all the supplies, matching smiles on their faces as the cashier looked at the products, then up to them, then back to the products, then back to them.

'School project.' Frankie said, putting both hands on Dustin's shoulders. The boy gave the lady behind the counter a grin. She began scanning the items, sharing looks with her co-workers.

╚═══❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═══╝

'All right, here. Park here.' Dustin said, excessive hand motions almost poking Frankie's eye out.

'Okay, okay.' exhaled Steve, sounding already done with the young boy. Steve parked, taking the keys out of the ignition and shoving them in his jean pocket.

'All right. Let's go.' Frankie said, opening her door. The boys followed, Steve popping the trunk open. Frankie took the glove packet, looking at the size.

'Dustin, I said larges, not mediums.' Frankie breathed out, looking at the boy. Dustin shrugged lightly, not seeing the problem.

'They were out of larges. Why does the size matter?' Frankie had to stop herself from making dirty comment. Instead, she grabbed Steve's left hand, holding it up for Dustin to see.

'Do you see the size of his hands?' Frankie put her own palm against Steve's, her hand looking like a child's compared to his. 'Do you think the gloves gonna fit?'