Forty

“You should have kept ignoring me,” Rachel says immediately when Lisa's eyes flutter open. It's been a month since her kidnapping and it's only now that she makes an appearance. Lisa's gun shot wound has healed and a part of her is starting to lose hope if ever being rescued. “ Things wouldn't have turned out like this for you.”

“ Th-that doesn't help me now, does it?” Lisa days with a suppressed cough, making Rachel laugh. “ Not at all doll. You should have listened to your instinct, especially after what your friend did. And that hooking me up with your brother thing; classic. It just helped the plan worth it, almost distracted me though but yes.”

“ For money?” Lisa asks because why else are they doing this to her? 

“ And power. See now, we have the might Williamses eating out of the palms of our hands. Those bitches are closer now though so we have to move fast. I was just waiting for you to wake up,” the blonde says then smiles as she stands up. She opens the door wide so her delegates can come in, fear slowly taking hold of Lisa as her eyes lands on people in scrubs , scrub caps, surgical gloves, masks and surgical gowns. She gets more nervous when she sees the surgical tools on the tray on a Mayo stand  which is being pushed by one of these medics. “ Wh-what’s going on?” Lisa asks, pushing her body back against the wall. She's sleeping on a bed which is barely comfortable or was in this case.

“ Is that an emotion I see? Kinda looks like fear to me. It's kinda weird because I've always thought of you as fearless,” Rachel says then laughs, the evil sound echoing through the small room. “ We're taking one baby outta you and then we gon leave you here to well...be rescued. Don't worry, my team will ensure you don't feel any pain. I can't say the same about the aftermath though. They don't wanna bargain right? This is the consequences. Boys, get to work”

She claps twice then leaves, heel warring against the marble floor. It gets blurry for Lisa as she watches the men walk to her. She can't see much except for their eyes which are emotionless. Rachel is really doing this to her and to think she thought Thuso was the worst. She barely struggles as they inject her with the aesthetic, tears falling down her cheeks as the reality of what's about to transpire hits here. They're really about to take her baby.

                             *****

“ The husband has done this before, used his ex wife to kidnap loved ones of influential people for ransom. They did their research and wanted to make this seem like some sort of history repeat. They basically wanted to stage something similar to what Rickus did to King but weren't patient enough to wait until Lisa gives birth. Amo presented them with an opportunity they couldn't let pass which is how they took Lisa. Even if Ethan and Lisa hadn't happened, they would have found a way to infiltrate the Williamses. They would have taken Nicole, Jessica's baby, anything.” Thuso briefs the others with the information she and Randy have managed to gather. They're closer to tracking them, Randy having managed to place a small tracker on the husband. “ We're waiting for the husband to move, which will be tonight since he's mainly the one guarding Lisa.”

“ How sure are you about that?” Ethan asks. “ He's always the one looking after their victims while Rachel handles the technical side of things. She's a smart bitch,” Randy answers. 

“ I can't believe she had me fooled,” Banele murmurs while shaking his head. Yet another female. Guilt embraces Thuso as she remembers what she's done to the male and how she treated him even though all he did was be good to her. “ Exactly why I don't fuck with this love thing, look at you all miserable. ” Randy says, eyes focused on the laptop screen before him. Thuso excuses herself because the heat is too much for her to handle. “ Let's take a break. I'll inform y'all the minute the husband starts moving. I can assure you that watching him over and his movements previously because of that tracker will make this mission a success. And Ethan, I think it's best you stay behind because you're too emotional. We don't want to make any  mistakes, ” Randy says, staring at his brother who's face immediately contorts in anger.