29. LET THE REAL PARTY BEGIN.

Alex's POV:

I notice him walking in as if he owns the whole world. I fist my hand trying to conceal my anger. I glance at eighteen to see her tighten her hold on the glass. I pull it off her hold before it breaks in her hand. I notice him walk to the stage as he starts speaking about his achievements and charitable work.

How I wish to ring his neck.

I grit my teeth to hold myself from snapping back. After ten more minutes, he leaves the stage and walks towards a group of men. I catch eighteen still glaring at him. I turn her around to face me.

"It's time. We are finally gonna avenge for everything he did. He is gonna pay the price today," I declare as I lock my eyes with her to see the same flames burning in her. She nods her head once in understanding.

We can't implement our plan until it's late night. That's when there will be less civilians and less casualties. We have to act like a normal guest until then.

I see some people enjoying the party, casually talking about random stuff and some striking business deals for their benefit.

I hear the musicians play the soft music as the people walk towards the dance floor. I turned towards eighteen to ask her for a dance but it dies down in my throat as I see him walk in. He looks around the room before his gaze settles on me. He smirks in return.

What is he doing here?

Eighteen notices me and turns around to see what I am glaring at. He walks casually towards us and brings his hand up for a shake.

"Thanks for coming," eighteen says shaking his hand.

"No problem. I got the message from chief that you wanted our help. And why miss the chance of greeting my old friends," he says as he glares at me. I glare back in return.

"Jayden."

"Alex."

"Stop glaring at him, will you?" I hear a familiar voice join us.

"I wasn't the only one glaring here," he snaps back at her.

"Does it look like I care? I must ask Alex how he bore the pain of looking at your ugly face."

"What did you just say?" Jayden asks stepping forward.

"Did I stutter?" she raises her eyebrow in return.

"You look like a rodent that needs to be dealt with before you infect others."

Her eyes turn dark as she opens her mouth to snap back and I feel like it's going to be a lot worse.

"You..." eighteen cuts her off by placing herself between them. She places her hand on her shoulders to stop her from ripping of Jayden's throat.

"Jessica. Calm down girl," eighteen tries to calm her. I see Jess take a deep breath and let it out.

"Where are others?" eighteen quizzes looking around.

"Gwen is over there with Ben, Raleigh is at the threshold and Hazel decided to stay back," Jayden states as eighteen nods her head. Why did she ask help of Gamma A? Why did she not inform us? And I can't ask her about it here in front of them either. I spin around and notice a lot of people were on the dance floor.

"El, will you do me the honor of granting me your hand for the dance?" I ask in  polite way. She chuckles in return.

"We are in middle of the mission." she says apologetically.

"We have to act casual anyway. So, dance?" I ask again.

She shakes her head with a small smile and places her hand on mine. "Sure."

I turn to look at Jess and Jayden still glaring at each other. I smile inwardly as I come up with a plan. "Why don't you both dance?"

They hear me say as their gaze snaps to each other then at me. "With that?" they both say in unison and point towards each other.

"Yeah. You need to act casual. We don't want to get caught, do we?" I derided. Jayden glares at me then turn towards Jess.

"Wanna dance or not?"

"No."

"Cool. She doesn't wanna dance." he shrugs his shoulders.

"Jessica..." eighteen tries to warn her though I know she is trying to hold back her laugh.

"Whatever," Jess throws her hand back in frustration and walks towards the dance floor with Jayden in tow. We follow suit.

I note the euphony of music calm eighteen. We dance for a while and I decided to ask my unanswered question.

"Did you ask their help?"

"Umm-hum."

"If you don't mind, may I know why?"

"I just didn't feel well about entering the lion's den without any backup plan," she says as uncertainty lases her voice. May be she is still worried about the possibility of losing.

I sigh and nod my head in return. I look over her shoulder to see Jayden and Jessica consistently trying to trip each other with occasional glare. I look at the other side to see Ben and Gwen dancing as if they were five year old in a birthday party. We were supposed to not attract attention and they are doing a successful job in doing the exact opposite.

I look at my wrist watch.

10:52.

Time to implement the plan. Eighteen places her hand on the comms.

"Liam, Jen...get ready."

"Affirmative," I hear them say.

She looks at me solemnly and nods her head. "Let's count the assassin now, shall we?" I nod my head and twirl her as the music picks up the pace. Her eyes scan the surrounding like a predator.

"Five on first floor, seven to your twelve O clock. Six at the bar," she says scrutinizing the place.

I rank my eyes counting the gangsters, "Four to my right, eight at the end of the dance floor, ten in the hallway and... Four at the entrance. I don't see Antonio and his minions. Maybe he is in the office striking deals."

"How many civilians?"

I inspect the Hall to see many civilians are still here.

"So many. Hard to count they are scattered everywhere," I say as the music stops indicating the dance is over. We leave the platform and walk towards the other end of it. I notice Meghan walking towards us.

"Jayden? Jess? What are you both doing here?" she asks with astonishment.

"They're here to help," I say as she nods her head.

"There are still so many civilians. How do we get them out?" Jess questions.

Eighteen takes in the scene and sighs. "We need to cause distraction," I pronounce.

"I have a plan. But I am dreading for it," eighteen says as she looks at Ben. He smiles and waves his hand in return.

"Jennifer, turn the lights off," eighteen whispers in the comms. The very next second, the lights flickers and shuts down.

"Let the real party begin," eighteen says with venomous tone.

"I can't agree more," Meghan replies.

"Me too," I state and get hold the gun.