Chapter 35

We had to run 2.5 miles during camp today so im literally dead. Anyways, Update! 

XXXV: Taehyung

Next morning, I carry my temporarily disabled soulmate into the kitchen, while everyone is in the middle of breakfast. Jin, still feeling betrayed over the use of his bed, pointedly gave us no bacon on our plates as a sign of passive aggressive revenge. Not that Jungkook could eat it, anyway. He couldn't consume any food for 24 hours, as his body still needed to process all the toxins that would fully turn him into a vampire. Food would only hinder the delicate system.

But that didn't stop him from being glued to me, hanging onto my neck like a baby koala. During the night, the soulmate bond had somehow gotten even stronger, resulting in Jungkook not wanting to be separated from me for a moment. It would be a lie if I said that I didn't like it.

All of the vampires at the table look at us with bleary eyes, and I can see that none of them had gotten a good night's sleep. I wonder why?

"And I thought I went hard," Yoongi grumbles as he spears a piece of egg on his fork. "I could literally hear Jungkook screaming from halfway across the castle. We really need soundproof walls." Jungkook goes bright red, and hides his face in my shirt. I found it adorable.

"For once, I agree," Baekhyun says, putting down his glass with a sigh and rubbing his eyes. "How does this castle have five crystal chandeliers but no soundproof walls? Remind me to get some next time I go shopping on Amazon."

"You can't buy walls on Amazon, Baekhyun..."

"Shut up, mochi! Amazon has everything! You just haven't searched hard enough."

"... Even so, they wouldn't come all the way here to deliver it."

Baekhyun huffs. "Now that's just bad customer service. If Amazon hasn't figured out how to travel between dimensions, who will?"

Everyone at the table turns to stare at him. Hoseok not-so-subtly turns to whisper into Yoongi's ear, "How long do you think Jimin and Baekhyun have until they kill each other?"

"Three days until full-out war," Yoongi says seriously. "Baekhyun will attack first, but Jimin will win, because he's my soulmate. He'll finally be able to use the swag I taught him to good use."

Jimin smiles smugly across the table at Baekhyun, while the latter just grumbles and cuts his bacon.

"Anyway, we're all really glad that you're well again, Jungkook," Jin says, wiping his hands on a dishtowel. "And I'm willing to overlook the fact that you two totally ruined my bed if you promise never to scare me like that again."

"I'm sorry," Jungkook murmurs, "I'll try not to."

"You won't," I correct, "Because next time there's a war, you're staying right here. I'm not risking your life like that ever again. Never. I'll stay behind if I have to as well."

"And you're a vampire now too!" Jimin squeals. "Have you tasted your first cup of blood? You should. It's amazing."

"Actually, he hasn't." I say. "But he should. Now seems like as good a time as any."

Jungkook tugs on my shirt. "Tae, I'm not sure if I want to―"

"You'll be fine, baby," I kiss him on the head. "Jin! Can you get Jungkook some blood? The one with less iron than usual."

Jungkook gulps as the cup full of blood is placed in front of him. I can see that his body wants it, but the part of his mind that's still human resists against the need. I put a hand on his shoulders, guiding him forwards. He eyes the glass warily.