Chapter 58

You guys!! I literally couldn't log into wattpad for three whole DAYS and I was starting to freak out. But thankfully, it's now working again, so I can UPDATEE! Yay!

BTW, for all of you who want V back... well, stay tuned ;) Not promising anything tho... :)

1 week later

LVIII: Taehyung

Muted sunlight streams in from the nearby windows, making the obsidian table sparkle with the light of a thousand gems. The reading room in Aventure, my childhood home, is not as decorated as the one in Armad, but possesses a strong feeling of home. The compact bookshelves lining the wall and the quilted rug underneath the table all only add to the feeling. This house possesses no crystal chandeliers or spiraling staircases, but is still something straight out of a fairytale. Sometimes, I prefer the quiet beauty of this place, with its wooden beams and rolling green meadows, rather than the intimidating obsidian structure of Armad.

Though, I concede, if you were as tall as Namjoon was, it may be some hassle. The low ceiling has long exposed beams that had never agreed with Namjoon's height. And Namjoon himself had never been the most graceful person when it came to handling things with care. Even now, he sat in front of me, consulting a map as he rubbed his head where a beam had hit him earlier today. I stifle a laugh as I remember the memory.

"And here," Namjoon continues, pointing to the east section of the map with his compass. "Is where most of the damage is. The northern quarter of Shadow Valley is relatively untouched by the flames, but the eastern is completely burned. I think that's where we should start rebuilding first."

I shoot down the feeling of guilt that was starting to bubble up inside of me. Lately, I've been doing that alot. "That makes sense. Since a river runs straight through the middle of the clan, we can use water from there to wash away any debris. Yoongi can you―" My words shudder to a stop, as I remember with a jolt that he isn't here anymore. I stare at the empty space beside me where he should have been, feeling an ache in my chest that wasn't there before. Yoongi and Jimin were dead... because of me. My deputy and best friend.

"Would you like me to do it?" Namjoon's voice, though not spoken accusingly, pierces through my mind like a scythe. He looks compassionate, and that makes it far worse. I don't deserve his compassion.

"Yes." I give a little shake of my head, trying to dispel the thoughts. "Yes, of course. Send the message along as quickly as you can. I want to start rebuilding in two days' time at the latest."

"Sure," Namjoon nods, writing something down on his notebook. "It's going to be nice to see Hoseok again."

"Send him my regards," I say, collecting the maps off the table. "I hope he's happy in Shadow Valley."

"He probably is," Namjoon agrees. "Xian and Hoseok looked like one of the happiest couples the last time I saw them. Also," He checks a piece of parchment in his hands. "the builders tell me that Armad Castle should be rebuilt in about three months' time. If everything goes to plan, we'll be able to move back by the second new moon."

I stare up in surprise. "The second new moon? That's very fast."

Namjoon nods, showing me the parchment. "Yes, but they say they'll be able to do it. Of course, they've never failed us before. I wouldn't be surprised if they really could."

I nod absently, consulting the parchment. Namjoon watches me, looking almost weary as he opens his mouth to speak again.

"We should also hold a funeral for Jimin and Yoongi," Namjoon pauses, glancing at me. My face betrays no reaction. "They died valiantly in war, and should get a proper funeral. Losing a deputy is hard for any clan, and Yoongi was so much more than just a normal deputy. And Jimin too... skies." He shakes his head. "The whole clan will observe the mourning periods rigidly."