Arc 2: Chapter 22

Elenor woke up early, stretching her limbs. She turned to the windows in her room, the curtains were now opened by one of the maids. She woke up early today and it has also been half a year since she suddenly woke up in her own book.

It was hard to accept it but somehow she did after some time.

Elenor got up from her bed and went to get ready for the day. She let out a relaxed sigh. Today was going to be a peaceful day for sure.

"Milady! His highness is outside of the estate!!" a maid exclaimed, bursting into her room while she was finished getting dressed by the usual maids.

Elenor felt cold sweat roll down her spine. She took it back. Today was not going to be a peaceful day. The maids double checked her outfit and hurriedly adjusted anything that seemed out of place before pushing Elenor out of her own room.

"Milady good luck!!" they beamed, cheering for her.

Elenor didn't know how to respond back to them and awkwardly smiled. Heading outside, she sees her family members greeting Lloyd politely. She suddenly had the urge to pull his ear and scold him for visiting the estate last minute which caused everyone to go berserk.

Unfortunately, Alec couldn't be with her at this moment as he was busy helping out the household. It was in chaos after everyone heard someone from the royal family came over.

"Cause of you, my poor butler isn't with me," Elenor grumbled to herself before showing her presence.

Lloyd noticed and turned to her, a bright smile on his face. "Good morning Lady Elenor."

Holding back her facial expressions from twitching in anger, she bowed and greeted back, "Good morning your highness, what brings you here so early?"

Lloyd sheepishly smiled but Elenor could tell he wasn't at all sorry and instead found it entertaining at what he had done to their household.

"I apologise for such a last minute arrival but I would like to invite Lady Elenor out to the capital today."

"Oh I see- pardon?" the marchioness smile froze.

Elenor glanced at her brother and father. The two seemed to have stiffen up just like her mother. She wanted to crawl into a hole, what was this prince trying to do?

Lloyd turned and stood in front of her, keeping a minimal distance between them. Extending his hand to Elenor, he sent her a warm smile.

Elenor knew she couldn't decline the invitation especially when he came in person. She suddenly felt like kicking him all the way to another kingdom because of how troublesome he was being. Taking his hand in hers, Elenor replied back through gritted teeth.

"Of course, your highness.."

Lloyd smugly smiled at her. His eyes were already speaking to her, saying, "I knew you won't be able to say no."

Elenor gripped his hand tightly, glaring at him, "Shut it."

"You don't have to go if you don't want Elenor," Richard spoke, taking her hand out of Lloyd's, not caring whether or not he was the crown prince of their kingdom.

Elenor's heart swelled up with softness. This brother of hers always cared about her before anyone else, even in the book. When she would want to do something, he always helped her. To him, it didn't matter if it was good or bad. As long as it was something she wanted, he would willingly do it.

But because of her, Richard would lose his job and status, falling into ruins just like his baby sister. And although he did not die, he struggled living as no matter where he went he would be shamed and looked down upon.

Elenor clenched her hands tightly, 'I won't let you fall into ruin. I will do everything to protect you.'

"Elenor?" Richard's voice echoed in her ear which brought her back from her thoughts.

Looking up at him, his eyes were filled with worry. Seeing that, Elenor felt like crying. Holding his hands in hers, she squeezed them before shaking her head.

"It's alright, brother. His highness personally invited me so, I must not reject such a rare invitation."

"Okay.. but if you want to leave, just do it. And if anything happens remember to scream loudly."

Elenor laughed, "Yes brother, I will be sure to do that."

Richard nodded, happy that she listened to him. He turned his attention to Lloyd and his bright face dimmed. Elenor noticed that when it wasn't her or their family members, he barely had any emotions on his face. Like their father.

"Take care of her and don't let her out of your sight." he warned.

Maybe it was because Richard was a close aide of Lloyd he didn't care how he spoke. Lloyd lightly laughed before playfully saluting Richard.

"Yes sir, I won't harm her in any way."

"Hard to believe especially when it's you.." Richard muttered.

"What kind of childhood friend are you!"

Elenor processed what Lloyd had said and remembered something she had forgotten. Richard and Lloyd were childhood friends. Although he was a year older, the two clicked well until Elenor became obsessed with Lloyd and started heading down the wrong path. She was also the reason why the two drifted apart until they became strangers.

"Seriously..this character..." Elenor cursed at herself but then again, she created her.

Lloyd heard her mumbling so he turned to her, "Hm? Did you say something?"

"No your highness." Elenor instantly replied.

Elenor bid her family farewell and headed inside his carriage he had used. It didn't have the royalty crest on it which was a good sign for Elenor. Gaining attention from it would cause a huge commotion and she really did not have the energy to deal with it.

Lloyd noticed Elenor's relieved look and smiled to himself. She caught him looking directly at her. Slightly uncomfortable from his gaze, she slid to the farthest end of the carriage and did not dare look at him in the eye.

The carriage began to move, rocking ever so slightly. Elenor did not speak and so did Lloyd. The two sat in the carriage in silence. Elenor thought that the silence was unbearable but she sucked it up and endured the pain. The ride thankfully only lasted for 20 minutes before they arrived in the capital.

Elenor gazed out the carriage and noticed there was something happening today. She waited until she was able to get out of the carriage and carefully observed. There were colourful strings hanging from above, balloons being sold and cheerful upbeat music was being played.

"There is a festival being held today," Lloyd interrupted her observation.

"What festival is it?" she asked.

Today if she recalled didn't have anything special going on. So why was there a festival?

"It's a celebration for the fifth king who protected this very kingdom from a war which killed thousands of people decades ago." Lloyd explained after seeing her confused face.

"Fifth king?"

Lloyd nodded and explained further, "If his majesty had not done something, the outcome would have been greater than what it is now."

"War..." Elenor pondered about it,

"A war between which kingdom?"

"Vaidia Kingdom,"

"The kingdom south from Elaelind?"

"That's right. It was a long time ago though, our kingdoms are on friendly terms with them."

Elenor nodded, understanding more about this world, "That's good then."

"Shall we go see the festival?" he asked, changing the topic to a more cheerful one.

---

Author's note: first chapter of the 2nd arc! i wanted to write more about Lloyd o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ