Arc 3: Chapter 44

It was the day of the tea party at Earl Stout's manor. Elenor wore a light blue dress with long sleeves. The design was a dress which clung to her waist with a poofy skirt at the end. It had ruffles everywhere, including the sleeves making the dress look more doll-like. The final touch to the dress was a big bow at the chest area.

To match with the dress, Elenor had a hat matching the dress colour. It was decorated with small bows around the rim of the hat and a large white feather. She wore light blue heels to go with her whole outfit along with a few accessories like a necklace and pair of earrings.

When it was time to leave for the tea party, she headed inside the carriage together with Alec. The ride to Earl Stout's manor was quiet. None of them spoke a word to each other. It has been like that for the past few days.

Alec would continue his usual duties and stayed by Elenor's side but there were no usual conversations between the two. Elenor didn't know what to say to him especially after that incident and Alec seemed to not want to speak as well. The tension between them was strained and awkward but neither of them tried to break it.

When they reached the manor, Alec got down first before extending his hand towards Elenor. Elenor was hesitant but eventually grabbed hold of his hand and got down the carriage. The tea party was held both outside and inside. Most of the ladies were inside while the men were outside.

Elenor looked around, seeing a few familiar faces while most were unknown. Her eyes fell on a familiar figure. Her lips were pressed into a thin line. She never wrote about Isabella coming to the tea party but then again she didn't write about her that often in her book as well. The main villainess was Elenor while Isabella was the second.

"Lady Elenor, thank you for coming today." she heard someone speaking to her.

Turning her head towards the person speaking to her, her eyes instantly noticed the pink hair. Her breath was immediately taken away by the beauty in front of her.

"I am eternally grateful to have you here at this tea party today," Rosina said with a bright smile on her face.

Elenor couldn't believe she was standing right in front of her in person. Her mind went blank. She was an absolute beauty! Her writing didn't do enough justice for how beautiful she really was. It was as if a goddess fell from the sky. She was shining so brightly that Elenor nearly squinted her eyes.

"Lady Elenor?" Rosina called out.

She quickly snapped out of her thoughts and replied back to her, trying her best not to squeal or blurt out any random things that could make things awkward between them.

"Thank you for inviting me to this lovely tea party, Lady Rosina. It is such a blessing to be able to meet you for the first time as well." she spoke with her polite voice she would use around other nobles.

Rosina giggled and nodded, "It is a blessing to be able to have a chat with you Lady Elenor,"

She then gestured towards the tea party, "Then please do enjoy your time at the tea party." she bowed before heading off to greet the other guests that newly arrived.

When Elenor was by herself, she covered her face with her hands and silently screamed. Rosina was extremely cute! Elenor wanted to hug her so badly. She was surprised at how she was able to keep her act up all the way until Rosina left. Her brain was going to overdrive from just being able to be in the presence of her protagonist.

'Calm down, calm down, you're still at the tea party. Everyone can see you right now.' Elenor reminded herself.

After a few deep breaths, she regained her composure and continued her usual front around nobles. She took a few dessert bites and handed it over to Alec to hold while she chatted with a few people she was familiar with.