PC │026

【A L V I N】

After everyone else had ended up falling asleep, I went over to Lucien's home with the box of cookies that Rowan had given to me. It took a lot of convincing from my part, mainly because I was too shy to even look him in the eye after having come to terms with the fact that I found him attractive and I perhaps had a tiny, tiny, tiny crush on him. 

I rang the bell once and waited for quite a long time. And when I received no answer, I raised my arm to ring the bell once again - yet, almost coincidentally, the door creaked open and out stumbled a very confused looking Lucien Auclair. 

"Woah there," I gasped in surprise as he nearly managed to trip over his own feet - not once, but twice. Finally, he managed to gain control of his balance by leaning against the doorframe and looked up at me with a confused expression. 

"W-What's up?" he stammered, the words coming out in a heavily slurred manner. 

"Are you drunk?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows. 

"Maybe," he admitted with an obnoxious hiccup. "Had to finish the bottle before uh.. before uh- adding it to my collection shelf thing." 

"Gosh, you look so messed up right now. Is it alright if I come in?" I requested after which I slid past him and into his place after receiving a nod of approval. I set the box of cookies aside and took off my jacket whilst he shut the door behind him before locking it and stumbled over to his bedroom after muttering a 'follow me'.

I silently obliged, following his lead to his bedroom - and once we got there, he plopped down onto his bed and let out a sigh of relief, "Why are you here?"

"I just came to give you the cookies, but now that you're drunk, I hope you wouldn't mind me looking after you to make sure you don't end up doing anything stupid," I said, coming up with some cheap ass excuse on the spot. The actual reason being; I wanted to be in his presence - and also because I wanted to make sure he wouldn't end up injuring his hand again or something of that sort.

"Sit," he instructed, his words almost incomprehensible. Nonetheless, I obeyed and took a seat next to him. He leaned back and propped himself onto his elbows and I did just the same with a heavy sigh, "Instead of drinking everything all at once, maybe you should just store it elsewhere so you can take your time finishing it."

"Fuck.. that's so smart, why didn't I think of that?" he chuckled, smacking himself on the head before letting out an obnoxiously loud sigh with his head tilted back and his eyes squeezed shut. 

"Or you can just invite me and my friends over and we'll gladly have a drinking session," I offered with a small grin. "Drinking too much at once isn't all that good for you. You should know that."

"Y-Yeah, I uh.. I know," he started with a hiccup. "My head is going to explode tomorrow."

"I wouldn't be surprised if it did," I began with a chuckle. "This is what you get for dr-" I stopped myself when he suddenly rolled over so that he was facing me. Following that, he placed one of his hands onto the bed for support and the other under my chin and without another word, he began leaning in. 

At the speed of light, I backed away and blinked in surprise, unable to come up with any words, "W-What are you doing?"

"Kiss me," he pleaded with a pout before letting out another hiccup followed by a childish giggle. "Why are you being so shy?"

"Lucien no," I sighed, rubbing my forehead out of tension. "You don't want this, trust me."

"Then why would I be asking for it? Huh?" he let out with visible difficulty before attempting to pull me closer. This time, however, I pushed him away and got off the bed, "You're drunk. Therefore, even if you say you want me to, it isn't consent."

"Why not?" he pouted once again before laying down onto the bed with a groan.

"Because you're not in the right state of mind right now," I informed, crossing my arms across my chest. 

"But drunk words, sober thoughts," he suggested with a giggle. 

"Not when it comes to consent," I argued before sitting back down beside him. "Try to get some rest for now. I'll sleep over tonight if you don't mind."

"I don't mind, don't keep me waiting though," he said with a wink, followed by yet another giggle before shutting his eyes with a boisterous yawn. I stayed by his side till I heard the snores escaping his mouth - and then I decided to collect the thin blanket from the chair in the corner of the room before making my way over to the living room. 

There was no way in hell I was sleeping in the same bed as him after he'd attempted to do that. He might end up doing something he might regret in the morning - because that's just how drunk he was. And yes, I probably did have feelings for him - but that still doesn't give me the right to take advantage of him. 

What he'd pulled in the bedroom had definitely left me a little concerned but not confused at all - because he was drunk. Maybe if he'd pulled something like that when he was sober, it would have gotten to me. Just maybe. 

With all of this in mind, I laid down onto the couch, draped the blanket over my body, and fell asleep without even bothering to turn the lights off.