PC │036

【A L V I N】

Somewhere amidst our somewhat heated session, Antonio ended up walking in on us and was pleasantly surprised - which was why he let out the loudest scream known to man and woke the rest of them up as well. It was quite embarrassing, but eventually, all of us ended up going to bed. I'd ended up taking the couch along with Lucien - with him laying down behind me with his arm hooked around my waist securely. 

In that position, I could hear how fast his heart was beating, and it was making me nervous as well. Just as I was about to embrace a potentially deep slumber, I felt him whisper into my ear, "Alvin? Can you turn around?"

I did exactly that without questioning his intentions and found my entire face heating up once we made eye contact. Holy shit, this was so embarrassing. 

"Goodnight," he said with an adorable little grin, his dimple poking out at the action. I opened my mouth to parrot exactly what he had said, but he cut me off by leaning and placing a quick kiss on my forehead. 

He didn't even bother saying anything after that, he just shut his eyes and went completely silent, leaving me confused and bothered. Bothered as in confused. But, because I was so tired myself, I didn't say anything and ended up falling asleep as well. 

In the morning, I ended up waking before everyone else - and so I collected all my things and left straight for home, my head pounding and my thoughts all over the place. When I'd finally taken a much-needed and terribly cold shower, I plopped onto my couch whilst scrubbing my wet hair with a towel. 

And I took the chance to go through everything that had happened in less than two weeks that month. Lucien and I had ended up kissing whilst ice skating. Lucien and I had ended up kissing under a mistletoe and we ended up getting walked in on as well. I'd kissed my crush. My crush wanted me to kiss him. 

Were we still friends? 

Just then, I spotted movement out of the corner of my eye and when I looked over, I noticed a fucking worm on the floor.

"Alright, that's it," I said with a groan before pulling my phone out and dialing the number to pest control once again. It rang for a couple seconds before someone finally answered. 

"Hello?" they spoke. "How may I help you?"

"This is Alvin Russo," I spoke. "I've contacted you quite a lot of times."

"We have your report, give us some time, we promise we'll be right with you," they said before hanging up.

How rude. They didn't even bother giving me a chance to respond. 

However, I was too caught up in a state of euphoria and confusion to be mad about it. 

I'd kissed my crush. And holy hell did it feel good. I'd do it all over again if I got the chance to. 

However, there was one poking thought that was irking me. Do friends really act the way in which Lucien and I did with each other? No. No matter what the situation, the answer was still no - if you leave out friends with benefits. 

I let out a distressed sigh before laying back onto my couch and pressing my palms against my face. This was so fucking stressful. Never in my life would I have imagined that I'd end up in another love-related situation after being dumped by my ex whom I'd thought would be the last man I'd ever fall for. Oh boy, I was so wrong. 

I spent a decent amount of time thinking about what I should do next, and I'd be lying if I said it was fruitful. In the end, I came up with absolutely nothing and somehow ended up being more lost than I was initially. 

Just then, my phone began to vibrate on the table, and I sat up in a daze before answering - this time, I didn't even bother checking the caller ID. 

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone monotonously. 

"Hey, Alvin?" an all too familiar voice spoke back. "It's me, Lucien."

"Oh, hey!" I said, suddenly all cheerful and excited. "What's up?" 

"Haha, someone's excited," he teased before continuing. "I just wanted to know why you left so early? The rest of them had breakfast at my place before leaving. I feel bad because you missed out. It didn't feel right without you there."

Why was it that everything he said made me feel so embarrassed yet special at the same time?

Because you have feelings for him, dumbass - my conscience fought back. 

"I'm sorry, I just had a lot to think about," I confessed, not even bothering to keep the truth from him. "I guess it was stressing me out."

"Oh," he responded after a moment of silence. "Don't tell me it's because of the kiss.."

I paused. 

Holy shit, he said that so freely. How was he not being all embarrassed or shy about it? What sort of power did this man possess?

"I mean," I began with an awkward chuckle. "I guess so, yeah."

"I'm so sorry," he began in a concerned tone. "Did I force you into doing something you didn't want to? Is that it? Fuck, I'm so sorry."

"What? No, that's not it," I reassured. "If anything, I wanted it. More than I should have, actually."

"Then what's the problem?" he questioned in a soft voice that made me feel so fucking guilty for whatever reason there was. 

"Lucien," I began, inhaling sharply. This was it. I was about to fuck my entire life over with whatever I was planning on saying next. "I have feelings for you."

The line on the other end went dead for a moment.

And then he hung up.