Johnny Martin Imagine #3

AN: This was requested by @Dyckie_44 a while ago. I'm sorry it took so long! But here it is!

   Y/N sat in her small bed. That is right an actual bed. The mattress somewhat soft, better than nothing or compared to whatever else she had slept on and in the past few years. Austria was so much different compared to what they had already gone through. The people here loved them, and right now, they got their own beds and warm food in their bellies. It was living luxury. All the other men where ecstatic to hear that they weren't sleeping in over filled foxholes. Though, the female Paratrooper didn't mind sleeping in either condition.

   Though, in the moments where it was now the middle of the night, pitch black, she was all alone in her room. For hours she had been trying to sleep, tossing and turning. Angrily wiping her hands over her face as she let out a loud and aggravated sigh. All she wanted was sleep. Knowing full well that she was tired. But yet, her body just wouldn't allow it. 

  Y/N chewed on the inside of her lips as she tried doing things her mom had taught her when she was just a child. Counting sheep. That went on for about twenty minutes. And it did absolutely nothing. Still at the start of everything. Y/N huffed as she sat up, lighting a small lantern to dimly light her room. Looking around, searching for anything to do. A book to maybe read, a game to play, literally anything. But yet, still nothing. Groaning loudly as she flopped back down onto her bed.

  For three years or more, she was trained to sleep next to her comrades. She had slept in foxhole with her buddies for years, it had made it almost custom to sleep that way. Maybe that was the reason why Y/N couldn't sleep. She was so used to being in the company of her fellow soldiers, it was strange to sleep at any other place without them. It made her feel somewhat vulnerable. Worried in some point.

  With one last huff, Y/N pushed herself off the bed. Feeling the cold wood beneath her bare feet sent a shiver up her spine. Stretching and letting out a yawn, satisfied with the cracks and pops that escaped her joints. A quick thought popped into her mind, a small grin came to her lips.

   'I'll go visit him. Maybe that'll help.'

///

  The sound of her bare feet softly hitting the ground as she walked quietly walked throughout the large Austrian house. In search of one man in particular. The room he had mentioned he was in etched into her head. A  small smile on her lips as the female soldier's pace quickened. 

   When Y/N reached her destination, she stood quietly outside of the door. Reaching for the doorknob, but stopping herself for just a second. Should she bug her fellow soldier, purely for the fact that she can't sleep alone anymore. Her cheeks heated up at the thought of it. She must've sounded like a child. Taking one more deep breath and shutting her eyes for just a second. Making up her mind.

   Grabbing the door handle and twisting it. Slowly pushing open the door and walking through it. Listening to the old wooden door let out a loud creak as it swung open. The room was dark, but the moon had illuminated the room just perfect to see the bed.

  "Johnny?" Y/N whispered out. Pressing her lips together as she turned to shut the door. Just to turn on her heels once more to face the sleeping man in his bed. Huffing at the fact that he didn't wake up at her calling his name. Creeping her way up closer to his sleeping figure, her cheeks heating up farther. Reaching her hand down to gently grab his shoulder. Shoving it gently, only causing him to stir only slightly and grunt. It was then when Y/N shoved a decent amount harder, huffing softly. 

   Johnny shot up, quickly flipping over towards her. Snatching up the female's wrist tightly. Her eyes filled with fear as he reached beneath his pillow. Pulling out a Luger. Though when his eyes rested and settled on the woman in front of him, his face softened and he released his grip on the smaller wrist. A heavy and tired sigh escaping Johnny's lips as he  dropped the same hand and his eyes leveled with Y/N's. While she rubbed her now rather sore wrist. A mean, she should've known better.

  "Y/N, what in the hell are you doing in here? It is like three in the morning?" asked Johnny as he rubbed his eyes. Annoyance yet a slight tinge of concern within his words. Y/N froze for a second, feeling like a complete idiot. Her ears having the feeling of being lit aflame as her cheeks felt as hot as the surface of the sun. The female Paratrooper began stammering, not being able to properly form her words. Causing her to mentally face palm and mock herself. Whilst Johnny just sat there, half asleep and his resting bitch face still on high alert, just staring at the stuttering female.

  "Spit it out, doll," he coursed. Mr. Martin using that small nickname that he always used, helped Y/N clear a clear path of thought within her brain. She took a deep breath and exhaled her breath. Shutting her eyes for a brief moment before opening them once more.

   "I just couldn't sleep for the life of me, and it is really hard to explain. I mean if you want me too I will, but since it is so late I should probably save time, but who knows!" Y/N caught herself rambling and stopped herself. Letting out yet another heavy sigh. "I just couldn't fall asleep by myself. And I just wanted to hear your voice," she said softly. Turning her face away.

   While Johnny kind of stood there in a slight state of shock. Out of everyone in the company Y/N was close with, why him. So without him realizing, he just sat the in silence for about thirty seconds. Making it a little awkward.

   "Look, if you don't want me here, I can leave. I know this is like our only good sleep we have had in actual years. So I totally get it," Y/N said quickly. It was clear that she was embarrassed. Yet, Johnny was even quicker to jump up.

  "No no- it's alright. Come here," now it was Y/N's turn to be left in slight shock. She gulped slightly as she watched and heard Johnny scoot over on the small cot. Knowing that it would be a tight squeeze, but the two could make it work. Closing her mouth tightly, she slowly went and laid down. Her nose practically sparing with his as if the two wanted to both be comfortably on the bed, both troopers needed to get up close and personal. Which neither of the troopers were actually upset about.

   Y/N's quirked up into a small smile as the moon shined down and maid a perfect light to see Johnny's face. His eyes closed, his face soft and sleepy. "Johnny?" Y/N whispered. Johnny raised his eyebrows, not opening his eyes just yet.

  "Hmm?" he acknowledged. Y/N giggled softly as Johnny awaited for her question.

  "Have I ever told you how good looking? You are?" she giggled once more seeing Johnny's small smile creep up onto his lips.

  "No, I don't think you have," he responded, a big yawn following shortly after. Y/N laughed softly, but it quickly stopped when she felt Johnny's hand being thrown over her waist and pulling her closer. She scooted closer happily, feeling safe and warm. Now her eyes began to grow heavy, and listening to Johnny's soft snores wasn't helping either. That's right, that man was already fast and sound asleep.

  A warm feeling erupted within Y/N's chest as she felt her eyes shut. The power of sleep and exhaustion caving in on her and like a snap of a set of fingers, the female Paratrooper was out cold. A small smile on her lips as she dug her nose into her chest. 

  Nothing could be better than this.