Part 3

"I'm sorry, I-" I apologise, but get cut off by Toko.
"It's f-fine I'm sorry for r-running o-off. I-I'm not used to p-people t-touching me." Toko stammers. She wrapped her arms around me awkwardly, and I hugged back. A tiny squeak came when I hugged her, making me blush a little.

"So, you are a good writer?" I confirmed.
"Y-yes Y/N, it seems s-so." Toko replies quietly.
"Did you bring any books of yours here?" I ponder.
She nods, and proceeds to name some of her books.
Hina comes running down the hall. She must be fit from her swimming.
"Y/N! Toko! Are you guys ok? You just ran off!" Hina questions.
"Sorry Hina. I wanted to make sure that Toko was ok." I say, looking down. Toko just scowls at Hina.
"Everyone was so worried about you!" Hina gasped.
"I'm sorry, ok?" I frown. Looking happy with your answer, Hina goes back to the others.
"Want to read a book or something?" I inquired.
"S-Sure, want to r-read on my b-bed? I h-have some b-books.. don't g-get any ideas!" She stutters, her face heating up. She turns on her heels and walks into her room, looking at the floor. I follow her in, move some books aside, and sit on the floor next to her bed.

"Y-You can s-sit up t-there Y/N." She looks at the bed. Getting up, I sit on her pink-quilted bed. It's surprisingly comfortable for the situation we are in. Looking around, Toko has 2 pot plants, and mountains of books. I see Toko scanning through her mass of literature, seeming to be finding a good book. She has a shelf with around 70-ish books. Toko is tilting her head and reading the names. She picks out 3 books, and sits next to me. 'So Lingers the Ocean', 'Blue Thread from the Scarred Mountain', and 'The Family From the Day Before Yesterday'.
"These a-are a few books that I w-wrote." Toko says, excitement brimming in her voice.
"You can pick! Which is your bestseller maybe?" I respond. She hands me 'So Lingers The Ocean'.
I open the book, and Toko moves closer to read along with me.

After what seemed like a minute, yet my neck says it's an eternity, I close the book.
"Toko! It's amazing! It's so... enthralling!" I gasp.
Seemingly happy with my choice of words, she blushes and looks down.

"My theory is that happy people can only write happy, shallow novels. But the downtrodden can vividly imagine their ideal world, perfectly envisioned in true beauty, and thats the spirit I put into my novels." She beams. Her eyes sparkle, as bright as a star. Just like her.

I look at her and smile. She looks happy for once. The books put her in a completely different mood. Realising how close she is to me, she blushes wildly and scoots over.
"Want to go back to the others?" I ask her
"Y-Yeah." She replies.

A/N: Is around 500 words a chapter ok, or if you guys want I could try to make longer chapters?