Chapter 3: The Backstories

" Alright, gather around. Especially you, Hiro." Limbo said. "This might help you understand what hearts are," Limbo closed his eyes and spoke.

     "I was in the a dark grey factory with my family in front of me. Above me was a giant crane coming down and grabbing fellow cacti. On the other side, a reddish pink triangle, just like the cacti that came out. Then I saw my sister get corrupted. . . I saw her shocked face, tears coming down her eyes. The triangle got squeezed and pink ooze came out. She was fine until it got off her chest. Her eyes melted and she was sucked away, never to see her again. Then, it was my turn. I saw the ooze come down and I covered my chest as much as I could. One tiny drop got through, which made me partially corrupted. And here I am now." Limbo ended his story. And like he said, I understand how hearts work now. . . well partially.

     " That's really sad, Limbo. Is this Blixer's fault?" I asked.

     "It might be, he is the creator of the factory." Limbo stated.

     "How did Blixer get corrupted?" I wondered.

     "Aye, Blixer. . ." Beat said "It said that he was just a wee circle when he was corrupted. Others say that he was a cactus like Limbo, that just got a little too much ooze in his heart."

     "What if I got corrupted?" Chloe whispered.

     "Don't worry, Chloe, we'll make sure you don't get corrupted." Gear said.

     We'll make sure no one will get corrupted. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this is a short chapter, I'm always trying to make every chapter have a cliff hanger

I'm always welcome to ideas and heck, I might add your idea