{2} Not Possible

*Rylin*

While waking up, all I could feel was a terrible headache. I shifted around this very comfortable bed. It was huge too. I finally opened my eyes to see I was on maybe a king-size bed in a gigantic bedroom. I slowly got up and looked down to see that I was wearing a shirt that wasn't mine and shorts that weren't mine either.

I walked to the first door I saw and it led me to a hallway. I walked until I reached what seemed like a living room/kitchen. That meant this had to be an apartment, despite the big bedroom. It was a pretty big apartment.

When I made my way to the doorway of the kitchen/living room, the first thing I saw was two girls sitting on the couch making out. I didn't know what to do so I stood there awkwardly and cleared my throat so they'd look at me.

When they turned around the one sitting on the right quickly got up and came to me. She had short shoulder length dirty ginger hair. It fits nicely with her teal-like eyes and the freckles on her light skin.

"Hi! I'm Elizabeth but you can call me Eliza!" She reached her hand out for me to shake. I took it hesitantly because I didn't even know her. She was quite tall, maybe 5'8 or 5'9 even.

The girl she was kissing stood up from the couch and walked over to me to introduce herself. She herself was shorter, around 5'6 maybe.

"I'm Sarah," she said. She had straight long hair. I couldn't really determine her hair color, it was like a light brown but it wasn't, and it was almost a ginger but it wasn't. But it looked nice on her with her big brown eyes and white skin. It was for sure not her real hair color though. Her roots were pretty grown out.

'Gotta get those roots redone...' I thought.

Then two more people walked out of the kitchen. They seemed like a couple, well duh, he had his arm around her shoulder.

"Good, you're up! I'm Maggie." The girl said. She was pretty. Maybe around 5'5 her eyes were really pretty. It was a color in between green and blue which looked amazing on her pale skin. She had very long straight hair with a color I've never seen on someone. It was like a dirty ashy blonde, but it suited her.

"I'm Will." The guy smiled. He was pretty tall, 6'0, or maybe 5'11. He had a really dirty blonde nearly brown but it was clearly blonde from up close. He had light blue eyes and very nice cheekbones. His skin seemed to have a yellow tint with a bit of a tan, that was clearly fake.

"Um...I'm Rylin. Where am I exactly? And who are you guys?" I said. I was so confused about who they were. They were extremely good looking, I didn't belong here.

"You mean you can't sniff us?" Eliza asked.

My eyes widened. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

"It's okay. We know you're a wolf. But shouldn't you be able to just smell us and know who we are?" Maggie asked.

"Well...I'm not technically a wolf, I'm more of like...wait why am I telling you guys this? I don't know you." I said.

"We helped save you. We saw you getting attacked by a bunch of wolves." Will explained.

"Why was your pack beating you up?" A deep voice came from behind me. I turned around to see the hottest man I've ever seen. He was probably in his mid-twenties and very tall, around 6 foot or 6'1. He had dark brown hair with beautiful bright hazel eyes. He looked pretty fit, more than Will. His skin was a little under the tan side and looked nice with his dark hair.

When I saw him I felt like I stopped breathing. My heart was pounding and I felt like I was going to faint from just seeing him. He smelled amazing, even from the other side of the room I only smelled him, and it's not like I had super smelling. I've read about this. It happens when you meet...when you meet your...

"...mate," I said as I stood up.

All he did was nod.

"You're my mate?" I asked.

Again he nodded.

"But how. Can't be possible. I can't have a mate..." There were so many things going on through my head.

Maggie looked up at me, "what do you mean you can't have a mate?"

"I- I um..." I couldn't breathe. How can this be possible? I don't have a wolf, how can I have a mate? I'm technically not supernatural, I just have limited supernatural abilities.

"Here sit down." Eliza grabbed my arm and sat me down.

"Talk to us," Will said, coming back with a water bottle, I hadn't even noticed he left while I was silently freaking out.

'Who the fuck are these people?' I thought.

They are helping me and are so nice, I don't even know them.

"Explain. You can tell us." Sarah said, smiling nicely.

I cleared my throat after taking a sip of water. "Well, I'm a wolf but I'm not a wolf. I can't shift, and I don't have a wolf of my own. I have limited wolf abilities, but they are nothing compared to a regular wolf." I explained.

"What abilities do you have?" Eliza asked.

"Um...I have a healing factor. That's it. But I don't heal as fast as a regular wolf though." I said.

"So you're like a human with the ability to heal any wound?" Will asked.

I nodded.

"So why can't you have a mate?" Sarah asked.

I turned my head to see the sexy man still standing near the doorway listening to the conversation.

"A wolf's soul is bonded with the soul of another. I myself, don't have a wolf, so I don't have a wolf soul. My soul is just human or should be. I don't know how I can have a mate." I told them.

"So why was your pack beating you up?" The man repeated. This time his voice was laced with concern.

"Because I can't shift. They call me a freak and a disgrace. My parents won't even call themselves my parents. To the pack, I was just a slave." I explained. I could feel tears running down my cheeks.

I was looking down at my lap when a hand caressed my cheek and wiped away the tears. I looked up to see the man who was at the entrance. He was here, in front of me in seconds. It doesn't make sense, they don't smell like wolves, wolves smell like wet dogs. Not me of course.

"It's okay." He said before giving me a reassuring smile.

I smiled back.

"I'm Alek."