CHAPTER [6] - I have a mate!

"You're telling him to marry Darren fucking Knight of all people."

No.

Darren Knight.

Hate and enmity welled up in his heart, fury itself burning him up, there was so much hate that even the tissues making up his organs were burnt, Hatred masquerades as an ointment to hurt when in truth it is no more than gasoline for the flames. Even for Damsel though others may say his doesn't run that deep, it really does,

he hated Darren, with all his being and more.

All his fucking life, He was told that Darren was the perfect heir, the uncomparable, the golden child of the city. And Damsel? Well, he was popular aswell.. in the opposite aspect of the spectrum. See, Darren was all the way up there, whilst Damsel.. He was just the problematic riff-raff delinquent that everyone kept an eye out for.

While numerous classmates and residents gathered around him like ants to a Nutella sandwich, Damsel was left on the side as the bitter lemon the ants desperately avoided.

Of course, it was understandable, Darren had been extraordinary since birth, but it wasn't fair for them to cluster closely around him like desperate fans waiting for their idol, after all what was so different about the two? Why was he treated so paralleled? They were both son of Alphas, they both went to the same schools growing up, so why?

Damsel grit his teeth, jaw clenched and all as he slammed his fist on the table next to his rest-bed, his nails dug so deep into his palms that you mightve even been able to see a trickle of blood slithering down. His stomach shifted uneasily as he released his hands but then coudln't figure out what to do with them, so instead they clasped and unclasped each other as if in constant need of touch and reassurance.

If only those warm hands from his dream were here to embrace  him, to provide a loving shield from everything being placed in his mind, he couldn't even think straight. He just missed the hug.

Now he had to even marry the bastard, you'd think marriage was about love, but this was different, this was a political marriage.

He knew what he was getting himself into.

By marriage, they didn't mean the 'living happily ever after together as they fall inlove',

no,

this political marriage meant that the MoonPrince pack had to ship resources to the other and lower their necks for these bastards. In other words,

Damsel was a fucking hostage.

Think of it as holding someone for ransom, it was the same situation.

He closed his eyes shut as he massaged his temples, biting his lips from letting out a scream and litting the whole hospital on fire, though the fire wouldn't even be able to be measured for the hatred that was growing in his stomach at this moment, he couldn't even disapprove or fight back, his hands were tied and his mouth was taped, he couldn't do anything. He felt his pulse pounding harder and harder in his temples.

It was like he had fallen right into their trap.

Carter may have said it was to close the war, but this was anything but fixing old mends,

this was them surrendering.

they had lost.

they really lost this time.

All because of Damsel.

All color drained from Damsel's previously red-tinted cheeks, and his eyes seemed like they had watched the body's soul leave right in front of them, his hands dropped to his sides mindlessly as if his joints and muscles had completely given up.