💢Chapter 5💢

Chapter 5

Dara, Brenda and Boma entered into the sitting room to find Mrs Igwe seated on the three seater chair with a blue glittery card in her hands. It was an invite to the Duncan's party. Brenda rolled her eyes on seeing it her hands.

She knew her mother had been snooping through her stuffs.

"Mom what are you doing with that card ?"

"I was even going to ask you how this card managed to find way into your hand bag."

"Is that what I think it is?" Boma asked moving closer then she collected it examining it. "This is an invite to the Duncan's party, people don't just get invited anyhow. You have to know someone, that knows someone, even me that I'm making investigation on them, I've been looking for someone to get me the invite"

"Weren't you the one who gave me the invite?" Brenda asked Boma and she chuckled, "Which Invite?" She hissed, "That's my problem with you, you don't know how to lie, simple lie, you can't lie! Me that I'm explaining that I've been looking for invite, ah! May God deliver you Brenda!"

Brenda rolled her eyes,  "Normal friends would have said, ah it's true oh, I forgot that you gave me the invite," "Abnormal friends would have said so, besides the last time I checked, I'm only friends with Dara and not you!"

"Where did you get it from?" Mrs Igwe asked and Brenda rolled her eyes again. "You had better speak the truth"  "A friend gave it to me" "Brenda!" Her mother called out and she looked away.

"Mom I don't like it when you guys try to make me look like a liar, I'm not a liar. A friend gave me that thing"

"What do you want to go and do in that party? This party is exclusive, only the big caucus are allowed in, how did you get such an invite"

"I just answered the question!"

"What business do you have there?"

"To do what every normal person does in every party; have fun!"

"You want to meet him right? I heard your call, you want to meet his father right?" She asked and Dara gazed at her mother, "Kelvin I here! You guys should stop talking about such matters when he's around. Mentally, it's not okay for him"  She complained holding Kelvin away.

"Don't tell me you're still having sex with the same man that put you in this mess, that'll be stupid"

"I'm not meeting up with him! I'm just going there to have fun that's all!"

"Will you keep your voice down? Who's your mate here that you're shouting on now?" Her mother asked and Brenda dragged the invite from her mother's hands then she stormed into her room.  "You guys had better talk to this girl! You better talk to.." she trailed off then she heard the door shut, it was her husband and Ruby.

"What's the noise all about?" Mr Igwe asked and everyone kept quiet. They didn't even hear him drive in with the whole drama going on. 

Boma raised her hands up, "I better go back to my own house, good evening Sir"

"Stay back!" He demanded and Boma refrained from rolling her eyes.

"What has Brenda done again?" He took a wild guess and his wife hissed.

Boma entered into Brenda's room, "Did you forget something?" "No. Your mom said I should talk to you but the truth is, I don't have shit to say to you, If I'm being honest. You're a liar, I mean can you believe your son is six and no one knows who the father is"