💢Chapter 31💢

Guess what guys? I'll be dropping a weekend bonus AKA, there'll be a double update today!!! 💃💃

Is anyone excited? 🤗

Chapter 31

Unedited

Sister grace walked up to Dara after choir prayer with concern written on her face. "Sister Dara" she called out, "Sister Grace, how is it?" She asked, "Me? I'm fine, I am perfectly fine, you did not see my fiance? He's in church today, I was going to introduce him"

"Of course I know him"

"Wow, I forgot oh" she laughed then she exhaled. "But it's you I'm worried for oh, erm, with the way things are,"

Dara blinked, "I... I don't ... I don't understand" she stuttered, "Hmm, you didn't announce your engagement to us, me i was angry when I heard it on radio, I was like a whole Sister Dara can get engaged and not inform the choir. Personally, I was angry that I wanted to pick up the phone and call you but erm, I now heard that the engagement has been called off. How true is it?" She asked and Dara cleared her throat.

"It's... True" she managed and Sister Grace tried hard to fight the laughter. "Ehya, and we didn't even get to see the guy, Ehya, Pele ehn. This relationship thing is turn by turn, it's not for everybody though. It's not everyone that can handle the wind of relationship, it's people like us that are ready for marriage. People like you, one minute in marriage and you'll be out before you say Jesus Christ, so erm, you should be happy. Even me sef, when I heard that you're engage, in my church mind I was like, can sister Dara handle this one?"

"Dara?" Funsho called out, he had Sewa in his arms and had been listening in called out. The conversation was clearly beginning to irritate him. "Brother wait, don't vex. I'm advising my sister here as a good sister." She glanced at him then back at her."Eh ehn so as I was saying, you should be more prayerful and don't worry. I'll be praying for you"

"Thank you" Dara answered, "Is your wedding material out yet?" "No oh, you that we haven't fixed a wedding date like that but when we will, we'll let the whole church know." She dusted something off Dara's wine gown.

"Later now" she walked away bowing to Funsho's who walked up to Dara whose heart fluttered as usual on seeing Sewa.

"You do realize she was mocking you like she did when she made that dig against you in her testimony?"

"That's sister Grace for you, sometimes you accommodate people's bad character. We're in church and I'm used to it Funsho, what do you want?" "To talk"

Dara shook her head, "If it's about what happened yesterday, it was a mistake and I get it. Let's not talk about this in church" "I think it'll be cool if we act like it didn't happen. I feel bad that I chased you away yesterday" he proposed, easier said than done.

He still felt the need to kiss her that moment, even better, take her to the aisle and kiss her in front of the whole church to shut the mouth of the likes of Sister Grace.

Dara chuckled softly, "It's fine" "Are we cool?" He asked and she gently nodded. "Happy Sunday" "Happy Sunday to you too" he smiled back and she stretched her hands out at Sewa who was already struggling to leave her father.

Lanre laughed after the ushers excused Stella from their meeting. "Who would have thought of it? Stella of all people in ushering department" he laughed and she laughed too.

"How does it feel returning back to your parent's house?"

"I'm ashamed of myself"

"In due time, all these things will be sorted out. Do you believe so?"