19

So I have decided to set a target.

Silent readers press the 🌟 button

TARGET: 400+ VOTES

Now next part will be when the target is completed.

Avoid mistakes if any...

Manik and Nandini were still there in the living room. He had placed his head in her lap and she was caressing his hair.

Few minutes later they heard Abir's cries...they got alert and shifted their gaze to Navya who was consoling little Abir.

Nandini:kya hua itna kyun ro raha hsi Abir?

Navya: pata nahi Nandini hum bahut pareshaan ho gaye hai...

She again tried consoling...but he didn't stop.

Nandini: give him to me...let me see if he stops...

Navya bobbed her head and gave him to her she held him carefully...she tried consoling him but still no use...

Manik: use mere paas do...

Manik took him from her and he immediately stopped crying to which trio were shocked, surprised.

Navya: huh? Yeh tumhare paas aate hi aise kaise chup ho gaya?

Nandini:haan?

Manik: ab mujhe kya pata? May be he loves me...haina Abir?

Manik made her funny face and Abir smiled slightly to which even Manik smiled.

Nandini smiled looking at Manik and Abir she imagined Abir being their child and Manik with him...

Where as Manik also got some feeling if being father and he felt really happy.

Manik: acha now take him Nandini ko rest lena hai I am taking her upstairs.

Navya took Abir and Manik laid Nandini to their room. He made her sit on the bed and said

Manik: you sleep main abhi aaya...

Nandini: Manik... don't go...

Manik stopped and sat beside her and made her lie down on the bed. They stared at each other for a long time. Nandini felt sleepy so she slept.

Manik then looking at her face drowned into his thoughts. He made a determined face and looked down at Nandini who was sleeping peacefully.

He bent down and said pecking her forehead said

Manik: I will make everything alright.

He moved towards the balcony freeing himself...he stood holding the railing and thought

Manik's POV

What today happened it was my mistake...you were saying u will not come but me like a stupid fellow took you to college.

And looking at their behaviour towards you I came to know what exactly is our society.

Though mere ghar mein ek namuna tha...lekin this was something which I really didn't know how to react but now I will make everything alright.

I will and this is my promise.

End of POV

Manik moved out of the room not before checking on Nandini. He moved out and told Navya something and went out of the house.

After an hour or so Nandini stired in sleep and opened her eyes. She gazed everywhere but Manik wasn't there...

Nandini: Manik kaha hai ?