Chapter 8: Mocking Bird

We both get up, shower, and get ready for the day. I notice Spencer is avoiding eye contact with me.

"Spence?" I say as I read his face.

I know we agreed not to profiler each other but somethings wrong.

"Y/n please don't profile me" he said looking upset

"I'm sorry but is something wrong?"

He puts his hand up to touch me and I flinch. He turns his head away from me but right before he did I saw tears start to form in his eyes.

"Spence" I say with a gently

"I'm s-so sorry Y/n I didn't mean to yell at you like that I was just surprised. I didn't expect you to know for so long without telling me" he turns his head back toward me. As soon as he turns towards me I see a single tear that had fallen.

"It's okay Spencer" I say putting my hand on the side of his face. Wiping away the tear with my thumb.

"You had every right to be mad, you still do" He says while leaning into my touch.

"I'm not mad at you Y/n"

"Yes you are"

We both leave our house and arrive at the bau 20 minutes later. Pushing the glass doors open Spencer and I entered, walking over to a couple of our fellow team members by the coffee maker. There's a fresh pot that was just made. Spencer pours himself a cup and puts it to the side. He pours a cup for me, but I didn't realize and in the middle of talking to Emily he moves to hand me the coffee, but I flinch.

I was hoping Emily didn't notice, but really everyone in the room noticed. Thankfully the whole team isn't in the room. Just me, Spencer, Emily, Derek, and Hotch. When Emily saw me flinch a concerned look came across her face. Now she just looks angry, so do Hotch, and Derek.

"JJ told me she had something she wanted to tell us. Let's go find her." I knew this had nothing to do with JJ. She wanted to ask me about what happened.

You walk outside and into Garcias office. She wasn't there yet for some reason so it was the perfect place to talk.

"What did he do to you Y/n?" her voice was filled with sadness

"Nothing." you say, trying to sound convincing

"Y/n"

"Okay okay. He yelled at me yesterday. Really loud. I haven't been able to stop myself from flinching at his touch since."

She looked like she was ready for you to tell her more. She also looked like she was going to kill Spencer.

"That's it"

Emily raises her eyebrow "He did't hurt you did he?" her eyes became glassy, as if she was going to cry

"NO! Of course not"

"Y/n I know you love him and I know he's the father of your baby, but if he hurt you you need to tell me right now"

"I am telling you the truth." I said my voice now angry

I stormed out of Garcias office.

Spencers Pov

I went to give Y/n her coffee and she flinched. It breaks my heart knowing I yelled at her so loud to make her think I was going to hurt her. I would never hurt her and I think she knows that, but her actions say differently. Emily took Y/n out of the room to go find JJ. Or at least that's what she said. I think I know what's about to happen.

"What did you do to her?" Hotch said trying not to sound angry, but failing.

"N-nothing why"

"Pretty boy she flinched when you went to give her the coffee" he was also trying to mask the anger behind his voice, but wasn't succeeding.