[1]Into the DMs

"Dammit!" Y/N raged as she slammed her desk.  She was streaming yet another Minecraft speed run and was so close to beating the End when the Enderdragon yeeted her across the edge. She had watched in horror as she sailed into the void, to far from land to block clutch and completely out of enderpearls. After her short rage session, she turned back to her mic and apologized to her 2000 viewers on the stream. "Sorry about that guys." She said, her face red. It was times like these that Y/N was glad that she was a non face-cam streamer, at least for now. Embarrassed, blushing, and still a little salty, she decided to end her stream.
"Well, I guess that's it for today. See you guys tomorrow, I will be trying this again! And hopefully winning this time!" She said, laughing a little.

     Still just a tiny bit worked up from her raging, she decided to hop back on twitch, and instead now be the one watching someone. Seeing that Tubbo_ was live, Y/N clicked on his stream and settled in. A lot of twitch users had people they referred to as their 'comfort streamers'. For Y/N, hers was definitely Tubbo. She always enjoyed the many shenanigans he got up to with Tommy, Wilbur, and the gang, the constant Hamilton references (her favourite musical), and the few wholesome moments they got out of Tommy and Toby. And seeing the way everyone always bullied Tommy on stream never failed to make her laugh.

     But today, as she started watching the stream, something felt different. The stream was similar content as usual, today it was Tubbo, Tommy, and Wilbur working on the Dream SMP, on L'manburg, of course. (Quick authors note: this is shortly before the elections in where POG2020 lost and they were banished, that will later be included in the book.)
     Today as they were playing, Y/N noticed that though Tommy and Wilbur were still joking around, Tubbo seemed quiet, and to add to that, his face-cam was turned off, which was pretty rare.
This of course, made Y/N sad to see. It wasn't because she missed the 'happy' content, but it was because she genuinely cared about their well-being. But as she looked through the chat, it made her very angry.

Chat
@user12693799: what is this? I didn't come here to watch this depressing show.
@humournotfound: I'm leaving, this is so bad.
@user1890: cheer up Tubbo, people are leaving because of you
@eemilyywastaken: honestly can you just act happy? For the fans?

Reading this activated Y/N fight or flight response, thinking to herself: what kind of fans are these? That they care more about seeing something happy than about how that person that they claim to love is actually feeling?
     Y/N was about to go off on the people in the chat, but then she remembered that it probably wasn't worth it and instead decided to send a message to Tubbo instead on the off chance that he might just see it. I headed to Twitter on my phone just as he was telling the stream he was ending it.

Twitter
@TubboLive

@(y/n)islost
Hi Tubbo, I know you probably
get so many messages but I noticed
that you seemed a little sad in
today's stream and I wanted to
check in on you just in case you
didn't have anybody else who did.
I want you to remember that no
matter how bad things can get
sometimes that you are loved and
have put smiles on so many peoples'
faces around the world.  And I know
I'm just a stranger but I am always
here for you. Bye for now then tubbs <3

After hitting send, Y/N felt a little bit better about herself knowing that she did what she felt was right. Suddenly in the singing mood, she grabbed her guitar and decided to record herself singing one of her favourite songs, Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's. She began to strum as she sang her favourite part.

A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of us
And we'll just laugh along because we know
That none of them have felt this way
Delilah, I can promise you
That by the time we get through
The world will never ever be the same
And you're to blame

Y/N wanted to post her little serenade on Twitter but first she had to do a very important step: block her face. She didn't have a special character or icon like Dream does, but she decided to cover it with one of her favourite things ever: bees. She chuckled, remembering one of her favourite Tubbo quotes: BEES?! OH MY GOD I LOVE BEES! She pasted a little Minecraft bee over her face and uploaded the video to Twitter.

(Y/N)
@(y/n)islost
A little serenade for those of you who are feeling down today. Remember that I love you and that so many other people do too <3
*attachment: 1 video*

And with that, Y/N looked at the clock, saw that it was 1 am, and headed to bed. She fell asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow. While she was sleeping, her phone on the bedside table buzzed with a notification.

@TubboLive liked your post