Blackpool

Saturday

Alex and I took the family to Blackpool for the weekend the hotel we're staying in is really nice Becca had never been to Blackpool before.

We gave the Police Nora's detail as we were sure she could help the police with their inquiries. She hasn't spoken to Becca in months and they already have Katie's details from that message she left us on the answering machine.

Alex and I decided our only priority was our family and nothing else from now on. Alex was in the middle of changing Miles when there was a knock on our hotel room door. Becca get up to answer it I told her to finish her breakfast and went to the door instead. After asking who it was I open the door to see mum, Teddy and Jamie and Natalie and their families.

"Who breakfast", says my mum while barging past me. She then sits in my seat at the dining table and make a start on my breakfast. I order more food from room service so there was enough for everyone.

We were staying in a suite with two bedrooms and a large pull out sofa that sleeps two people. Mum and Teddy are staying with us. Mum didn't want to have her own room I think with everything that been happening recently. She's  having a hard time acknowledging me and Alex are safe.

"I'm surprise they let so many people upstairs I thought check in was at noon", says Alex coming into the room with Miles.

"Gimme my grand baby grandma missed you, yes she did", mum takes Miles from Alex. "I hope you have a hat for him darling have you put sunscreen on him? It's going to be hot out you know".

"I think I know how to keep my child safe in the sun Meg", mum ignores Alex and walk into our bedroom with Miles.

"How are you in the hotel before checking in time?" I ask again.

Natalie smiles at me,"This is one of the hotels we own".

"Well I see why you recommended this room to us it's lovely and the dinning table is long enough for the food to go on for us to help ourselves".

I watch mum come back out our bedroom with a hat on Arthur's head. "Mum he's gonna be too hot with a hat on now"

I take Arthur from her as we plan the days activities. When more breakfast was bought up I put Miles in his cot and we tuck into the food.

"I'm surprised Lucy isn't here", says mum.

"We gave her the weekend off she's gone to some concert with her friends in Scotland. She ask if she could swap her days off and we said it was okay".

"Don't let her take liberties she's your employee don't forget that".

"We won't mum", I say to her.

After breakfast mum had a shower and change along with Teddy. When everyone was ready we went to Sea-life, the aquarium was great all the kids had a blast. We had lunch there too we head back to the hotel after lunch to relax for a bit.

Alex bathe Miles while I made him a bottle. Somehow I must of fallen asleep I woke up to see I was in mine and Alex's room with Miles asleep in his crib. I get up out of the bed leaving Alex still asleep I walk into the living room to see mum,Teddy and Becca stretched out on the sofa watching telly.

"I must have been really tired I don't even remember falling asleep what time is it?"

"Just gone four", answers my mum. "We're going to stay in for the rest of the day we still have tomorrow to go on the rides".

"I think taking Miles for a walk later is a good idea that sea air really makes him sleepy".

I hear crying from our bedroom and walk in it to pick up Miles before he wakes Alex only to find he was already awake and was holding him. The rest of our stay in Blackpool was lovely when we arrive home I felt like I needed a week off I was so tired.

Lucy was back from Scotland and since Drew stay home to look after the house I wasn't surprise to see them eating dinner together.

I put our bags down and took Arthur up to the nursery to change him and feed him then I lay him in his crib. I put his toy giraffe on the bottom of his crib. Since it was still quite warm I put on the air conditioning in his room. Diary I'm not gonna lie I enjoy the fact we have a lot of money now. We were able to put air conditioning and the latest technology into this house when we remodel it.

I came downstairs to see Alex filling the washing machine with clothes from the suitcases.

"Alex relax Mrs Tate is coming in tomorrow let her do that it's her job as the housekeeper". He leaves the clothes and smile at me.

I know I sound like a rich snob but truthfully diary I don't care. If I get to spend a lot of time with my family and it takes staff to make it happen then I'm happy for the staff. Life has been harsh to me in many ways I'm not going to start feeling guilty for being happy.

Drew tells us everything has been fine since we have been away. Alex and I decided to sue the surrogacy agency. While her brother has been through a lot Katie has been charged with extortion among her many crimes. I don't feel bad she made her choices Paul was threaten and still did the right thing. We were paying Katie money and she still did that to us we were really taken in by her. At least now she can't do another couple harm.

Sunday(two weeks later)

I wake up and have a shower and go downstairs and make a start on breakfast, I decide to make a full English. Half an hour later I hear Alex's heavy foot steps on the stairs, "Morning", he kisses me and walk to his fancy coffee machine and make himself a cappuccino.

He takes a sip and starts setting the table I like everyone include the staff to eat together at the breakfast table at least twice a week. These are people we're trusting with our lives and our child's life. I figure if we treat them like family they're going to stay loyal to us.

"Cassie do you think that maybe we could go on a proper family holiday oversea?" Ask Becca.

"School holidays are coming up", I say to her. "I don't see why not Alex and I have to check in with work but I'm sure we can manage something".

"Is there somewhere particularly you wanted to go?" He ask Becca.

"Dubai there's a hotel there call the Atlantis and there's a water park and a tank where you see people feeding fish," answered Becca.

"Hopefully when we get your end of term report and it's all good we can go there", I say to her.

After we finished breakfast we took Miles for a walk around the park. Drew and James came with us, Alex and I are sure now more than ever someone from Amy's family is out to get us. The question was who Amy clearly didn't lie about her mother I saw the pain on her face when she slapped her father. But both Nora and Katie said they were approached by a woman. Why did I automatically think it was Amy when Nora told me about the bugs?

Is there another Stammer sibling or did they hire someone to put the frighteners on people. I wanted to ask Alex as we were walking in the park but decided against it. Becca didn't need to hear our conversation. She was a child and she didn't need to know about this right now. She doesn't know about Amy or her son I'm determined to give her the happy childhood I never had. Diary she's a child and I want her to be just that a child.

Lucy took Miles home with Drew guarding her and Miles. Alex, Becca and I went to Manor House and we spend some time with our niece and nephews and Alex's siblings.

Paul was still living there he was now working and he seemed really happy. I was glad it was a shame he had to uproot his whole life to come here because of me. Until whoever has been working against me is charged and in custody he's not safe yet.

We had lunch with Natalie and Jamie they put on a barbecue for us. I still sometimes in situations like that when the family is all together. Find myself looking at the room and thinking in my head wow. I have a family who loves and cares for me.

It was a dream of mine I never thought would become a reality. After we left Manor House we took Becca shopping in town for some clothes and personal items she needed. She's getting really tall she's at least five foot six now. Alex and I let her pay for her new stuff with her credit card. She doesn't have a limit but every time she spends on it we get notifications.

We came home to a Sunday roast cooking our housekeeper is a great cook. Becca took her stuff to her room and I went and got Miles his blue eyes look up at me and I smile. He looks some much like Alex the only thing I gave him was my brown hair and blue eyes.