Chapter 19

Oli's pov

After dragging the body out of the shed I head off into the woods to bury it. Everytime Father kills someone it's my job to dispose of it. The first few times he made me do it it was really hard and scary. I think I was 8 the first time he had me do it by myself. Before that he would just have me help him by carrying the shovel or something and then I would just stand back and watch. He would never let me just go back to the house no matter how much I begged him. He would tell me I had to get use to it because one day I would be doing it by myself. At first I didn't believe he would actually make me do it but then the day came that he told me to take a body off and to not come back until it was buried good. I stupidily tried to disobey by just dumping the body in the woods and running off. I got in major trouble for doing that and I had to go back and bury the body anyways while he watched me the whole time. I didn't get finished till around midnight that night.

By the time I get done burying this body it was only 8pm so that means I have to get back to the house, take a shower, burn my clothes, and then get started on supper. After I clean up supper I have to go clean Asher up. Father gave him a beating and I imagine it was bad! The whole time he's screaming at me and threatening me! Finally I get done and head off to bed.
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ time skip- 4 days

It's been four days since everything happened. Father's been making me try to get Asher to eat but he won't. It's like he's just given up. I don't blame him though. I tried to warn him but he just wouldn't listen to me. I'm surprised he's lasted this long. He's definitely tough. Other's break way before now and those that don't break don't make it this long. A while back maybe two years after I got here a kid lasted so long I honestly thought father was going to let him join the family! Then one day I woke up and went to check on him and he was dead. He somehow used the chains to hand himself. By then I was use to death but I had never seen someone kill themselves. After burying the body I ran of farther into the woods. I was determined to escape. His death lit the fire back in me. At the time father didn't have the fence put up around the property so I got pretty far. It still wasn't far enough to get away. After what felt like days of running and hiding father caught up to me. I thought I had actually done it. That I was free! I knew I could never go back to civilization and could never tell anyone about father because I would be put in jail with him, but I still had hope I could get away. Never have to bury another body again, but of course like I should have known there's no escape. This is what I've been trying to tell Asher this whole time, but he wouldn't listen and now father had to teach him a lesson. I hope this makes him at least cooperate or he will be next. Not that I care whether he dies or not. I'm just tired of burying bodies and maybe just maybe if he becomes apart of the family completely then father will stop kidnapping other kids and we can just go on with life. Then again what if he doesn't stop? What if I'm doomed to spend the rest of my life watching others die and burying them over and over again. What will father do when I get older? When I become as old as him will he still keep me here? What about when he dies? I don't know the code to get out the gate. We'll starve here without being able to get out. Father has some food put up incase of an emergency but even that will eventually run out. I can't help thinking about all these things. What if I don't even live that long? What if he grows tired of me or replaces me with Asher? Maybe that's why he wants Asher so bad! He's gotten tired of me!

"OLI!" I didn't even realize I was having a panic attack until father started shaking me. I was curled up into a ball up under my tree barely able to catch my breath sweating from head to toe.

"Oli it's okay! Just copy my breathing okay? Breathe in and out... In and out... In and out." He was breathing in and out slowly until my breathing fell in sync with his.

"I'm sorry." I whisper so low I'm surprised he heard me.

"It's okay! You haven't had a panic attack in years! What caused one now?" He asks me while hugging me close to his chest.

"I-i just... Are you- are you going to replace me?" I ask between breathes.

"What? Of course I'm not baby! I could never replace you! I will try to add on to the family but I will never replace you!" He holds me at arms link with his hands holding me comfortably in place as he pushes my wet and sticky hair out of my face.

I just nod my head as he pulls me into another hug.

"I know I put alot on you but I'm trying to make you a better man Oli. This is what real men do. They provide for their family and that's all I'm trying to do. I know you get lonely so I'm trying to give you a few siblings. I'm just trying to make you and your mother happy. I know you were to young to remember her but this is what she would want. She would want me to start a new family." He explains to me.

"I know father! Thank you! I love you father!" I tell him as I start to fall asleep in his arms. This is what I do when I get upset I fall asleep! Before I completely pass out I hear father say one last thing.

"I love you too Jonnie!"

So here's another chapter! Really just to give alittle more insight to Oli's past!

Also what do you think of the "father" son moment?

I wanna hear your thoughts!! I love and appreciate every single comment and vote!!

As always don't forget to vote, comment, and give me a follow! Also share my book with others! I'm always looking for new readers!!