25)The Hideaway

After last night, I felt like there was no need to discuss if we were going to sleep separately

After last night, I felt like there was no need to discuss if we were going to sleep separately. Jace on the other hand stuck to his rules and insisted I invite him to sleep next to me. I wanted to punch him and kiss him.

Ms. Amy noticed we shared the bed again but simply gave us a look that said, "Remember to be safe, please!"

Since it's Saturday, we've been hanging out just the two of us. Jace rolled out the pullout bed again in the living room so we can lounge. It's been fun, snacking, watching movies, cuddling, and stealing kisses. But there's a small nagging voice in the back of my head reminding me that we still haven't finished talking about his secrets.

He pretty much admitted that there's something he isn't telling me, but not what it is. I want to ask again but I also don't want to pop this bubble we've been in all day. It feels like once that happens there's going to be a lot we need to talk about. Like what all of this means.

Nothing between us is official and that scares me for multiple reasons. No commitment means this might not be serious. That it can end at any second without a word. But making that commitment also means trusting Jace again and I really want to, but that's a big step. His keeping secrets makes it that much harder to do.

Earlier in the day, I get two texts while Jace is in the bathroom.

Cassie: Wanna have a girl's night out and go dancing?

Josie: What are you doing tonight?

Jace mentioned he'll be going to the gym with the guys tonight and Ms. Amy is going to visit her sister. I haven't heard from anyone else so that leaves me with nothing to do. There's no point in staying in bored and alone but I also don't want to pick between Jo or Cass.

Alexis to Cassie: Can I bring some others along?

Alexis to Josie: Wanna go out dancing with me and Cassie?

I send out invites to Ava, Marcel, and Caleb too. It doesn't take long for my phone to start buzzing again.

Cassie: Hell yeah!

Josie: I know the boys won't be there so I'm in. Tell blondie I can't wait to see her!

Alexis to Cassie: Josie says she can't wait to see you.

Cassie: I can't wait either! 😆

Ava: No can do, sorry. Got plans.

Marcel: I would if I could sis but I'll come hang tomorrow.

Marcel is the only other one that knows about me staying with Jace besides Ava. I still haven't had the guts to tell Caleb, who doesn't reply to my message despite reading it.

Cassie, Josie, and I make plans to ride with Cassie who's going to come pick us up at the apartments at nine. Josie asks if she can come get ready with me at Jace's and I agree, figuring he'll be gone by the time she gets here anyway.