Accidentally Falling

Kanae shut her room door, afraid of bumping into Sanemi again, she jumped into her bed and buried her face in the pillows.

That was so awkward and rude! I can't believe I've done this! She groaned over her actions, embarrassed as ever. Kanae wanted everything that happened to be wiped away like cleaning a blackboard, but she can still clearly remember his abs...

Is this what falling in love feels like? I call myself quite an expert... but what does it actually feel like?

Kanae has never fallen in love, or even have the slightest crush on a boy. She calls herself an expert because she liked matchmaking , but she has absolutely no idea what falling for someone feels like.

                             · f l a s h b a c k s ·

"Itsuki-kun!" Kanae shouted happily, leading the girl squad to the hills where the boys were.

Before Shinobu and Kanae's parents passed away, they lived in a small town with many wealthy families. All the families were great friends with one another and there will always be get-togethers. The kids would always play together in school and after, and they were all like brothers and sisters.

The boys waved at the girls as they climbed up the hill. "Kanae-Chan! Oh! Oi, Himari-chan!" Itsuki, the boy who Kanae called to excitedly waved his hand to the girl at the very back of the group. Kanae turned to the girl, only to see her being her very unusual shy self, looking down and waved very timidly.

Itsuki found it strange, he walked up to her and asked worriedly, "Hey, are you sick today?"Himari let out a squeak and nervously answered the boy," Y-yes, I-I'm absolutely alright-t! " Itsuki looked at her, like he didn't believed her, but then he just smiled at her and left.

Kanae was quite worried, she walked over to Himari. She saw her burying her red face in her hands, Kanae patted her on the shoulder and asked her what's wrong.

" It's nothing, Kanae-Chan..."

"Well, it clearly looks like something is bothering you. What's wrong?"

"I, um, I... think I like Itsuki-kun,"

Kanae looked at the girl in confusion. She saw Himari's emerald green eyes, which were covered by her blonde hair, were filled with embarrassment. Kanae didn't know what this 'like' meant, so she innocently said, "All of us like him too!"

Himari crossed her arms and looked even more further away, "It's not like that, it's... different,"

"Can you tell me?"

"Well, your heart beats faster whenever you see someone you like, you tend to blush over them and you get embarrassed just interacting with them."

Kanae looked at her, even more clueless. Himari sighed, and turned to walk away, "You'll understand one day, Kanae-Chan."

                         _______________________________________

"Well, now I'm clearly Himari 2.0..." Kanae whispered under her breath.

How did I fall for Shinazugawa-kun anyways? It's like the feeling came out of the blue.

It felt like I was dancing on a cliff and just fell down the cliff....