This feeling

A week has passed ever since Kanae had become friends with Kaida, they'd always walk around the estate, talking and laughing. Kanae was then discharged, but Sanemi was still stuck with treatment.

Kanae decided to visit Sanemi after lunch, she wanted to give Sanemi a dog, since he's so fond of them. She quietly lead the dog to Sanemi's room, "Shina—"

Kanae was standing in front of his door, she saw Kaida and Sanemi... Are they talking? Shinazugawa-kun looks so happy...Kanae watched as Kaida continued to talk to Sanemi, watch her joke and her cheeks turn red from laughing, she watched as Sanemi broke into a warm smile, she watched him laugh.

Kanae turned herself away from them, she unconsciously let go of the dog she was planning to give to Sanemi. She walked quickly, away from them, clenching her chest as she felt the pain in her heart she's never once experienced.

Why does my chest hurt? Why am I running away from Shinazugawa-kun and Kaida-Chan? Kanae could feel her blood boiling a little, and her chest hurting more as she walked.

She ran into her room, slamming the door behind her and locking it. She leaned against the door, and buried her face into her knees. "How did Kaida make him smile like that? I could never do that, no one can...." She said under her breathe. Kanae started to overthink, Does Shinazugawa-kun like Kaida? Maybe she's more attractive than I am.... and they look cute together, so why do I feel so sad? Am I jealous? But jealous of what?

Kanae hugged her legs, letting herself drown in her thoughts. She kept hugging her legs as a tear fell from her eyes.