Chapter Two

Pic above is Techno

Kengkla

The Napat pack, I noticed was smaller than mine but definitely very beautiful.

The members of the pack seemed to be very fond of flowers as every house we passed by had well maintained gardens with colourful flowers beds.

During the five years long friendship that I had with Technic, I have never once been to his place and he has never been at mine. We had our own apartments in the city and only went home during the holidays. We rarely got to see our families during school and college days so we didn't bother inviting each other. It was a mutual understanding between us without any real conversation.

The Napat pack was also very strict regarding their security matters and didn't allow anyone outside of the pack to enter without direct permission from the Alpha Leader himself, which I frankly found odd.

The dinner went pretty well with a few teasing, mainly from my side, here and there. The Alpha Leader was very intimidating look wise. He wasn't rude or anything but I noted that he was man of few words.

Comments were made about me finding my mate soon but I laughed it off saying that my mate was probably continents away because it's already been three years and they were nowhere to be seen.

Technic had his Coronation ceremony tomorrow after which he would take over the pack and Pear and he will be officially declared as Alpha and Luna of the Napat Pack.

*******

Two hours of tossing and turning in the bed trying to get some sleep and the dang thing still refusing to come I gave up. I felt jittery and anxious. Maybe because I was not sleeping in my own room.

I sighed in frustration and kicked the cover off my body and decided to get some water.

I found myself walking down the stairs in the eerie silence which was broken by the soft paddling of two feet. I could tell that the person was trying to be as quite as possible but failing miserably.

I followed the sound and rested my sight upon a person who was standing on top of the counter and trying to grab something from the high cabinets.

I approached the figure who had his back to me and cleared my throat. He froze for a millisecond and then whipped around to face me, the movement so alarmed and sudden that he lost his footing making his body gravitate down the floor.

"Ahhhhh"

He had both his palms covering his face like that would protect him form the ugly fall he was about to have if not for me.

My whole body was tingling as I held him in my arms. Shit.

"Um.. Are you alright? " My voice came out shaky as I tried not to sniff the air like a creep.

Mmmm. Cotton candy and pineapple. Sweet and oddly delicious.

If this is what I think it is then I'm not sure if I'm willing to accept it. I did not want a mate right now. Shit shit shit.

My internal panic episode ended the moment he removed his palms from his face and stared up at me with big watery brown eyes.

Fuck.

I was spellbound.

My wolf growled in appreciation as I stared at my mate who seemed to be doing the same.

I ran my gaze all over his face.

From his brown orbs to the slope of his nose and his pink pouty lips which called out to me and an overwhelming feeling of desire pooled at the pit of my stomach.

Fuck. It should be illegal to be this pretty.

I don't even know for how long we, well actually I, stood staring at each other. He didn't say a word and neither did I.

He squirmed and tried to wiggle out of my hold but I did not want to let go. I wanted to carry him to my room and keep him in my arms forever which was funny considering a few minutes back I wanted to run as far as possible from him.

When I didn't do what he clearly wanted me to, he jutted out his bottom lip and softly said  in the most endearing voice.

"let go."

And I did because I couldn't trust myself to not take him to my room this instant and do not so innocent things to him. Which I'm very sure would scare him off.

He shifted from on foot to another while keeping his eyes firmly fixated on the floor.

I had mine on him.

Deciding to break the silence I spoke, "so what were you doing earlier? "

"Papa said not to talk to strangers,"  a soft whispered mumble I could have missed if not for my super wolf hearing.

Damn it. Even his voice is so fucking cute!

I was about to speak when another voice interrupted us.

"What are you doing down here? "

He looked up to the person and fiddled with his fingers.

"Nic. I'm sorry. Please don't tell Papa. "

"Dad told you not to wander around alone No," Technic whispered shouted. "Especially not at night. He worries about you so much and you can't ev-"

"Stop it Nic!, "I cut him off and looked at my mate who looked so sad I wanted to punch my best friend.

Technic ran his hands through his hair and asked calmly, " Explain No. "

"I'm sorry Nic. My stomach felt weird even though I already ate my dinner and I heard Pear's mom brought cookies and you know I love cookies so I wanted to eat them and-"

Nic didn't let him finish his nervous rambling.

"you could have asked me No. "

"I didn't want to bother you. "

He silently stomped to where the cookies were, grabbed the jar and placed it in the outstretched hands.

My mate gave Nic a big toothy smile and happily skipped out of the kitchen.

I forced myself to not go after him.

"He's Techno. My brother. " Nic answered before I could even ask the question that was at the tip of my tongue.

**********

A/N so Kla is already smitten 😏