Prove it// ch 1

Wild thought but could y'all maybe stop with the Hamilton references. This isn't a Hamilton book.

Usnavi pov:

I unlocked the door to my new dorm hoping my roommate hadn't arrived yet.
Well, they have.
A slender olive skinned girl sat at the counter typing mouthing every word she typed.
Wait.
Olive skinned 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡.

"Are you my roommate?" I asked startling her.

"No, you're in the wrong dorm bud, I'm a girl you're a guy. They can't do that."

"Is this dorm 1776?"

"Yeah?"

"Then you are my roommate." I said putting my arms on the counter. "Wait, this has to be a mistake."

"Yeah no shit. Big problem I'm rooming with a dude. Bigger problem it's Usnavi 'fuck boy' de la Vega."

"Hey, we can at least try to kindly solve this."

"Awe did I hurt your feelings?" She whined.

"Don't be an ass, let's go to the front desk and figure this out." I said gesturing for her to get up. "What your name anyway?"

"Vanessa Garcia."

"We'll come on miss Garcia."

"Don't call me that."

(𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥)

"Listen lady." Vanessa snapped at the front desk lady. "The problem is, he's my roommate. We need to switch."

"I'm sorry but until there's a real problem not you disliking your dorm mate, we can't switch you."

So, we are in fact stuck together.

We unpacked grumpily putting our stuff away.
I walked out to see her on her phone with furrowed eyebrows.

"Do you want to go to the grocery store? We need groceries." She said looking up at me.

"Sure."

We separated in the store both going to get what we needed and of course we lost each other.
The rule was meet up in isle five in a half hour.
There are three god damn isle fives.
Half hour later I'm still going up and down each isle five looking for her.
I bumped into a cart with mine looking for her and thank god I was her.

"I'm so sorry I didn't think there would be so many isle fives." She said laughing.

"It's fine, you ready to check out?"

"Yeah I guess."

We got our shit and walked back to campus.

"We should have just ordered this shit." She said unlocking the door.

"Yeah that would have been easier."

"I know that's why I said it fuck boy."

We put everything in the pantry.

"Can you not put that up there? I get it you can reach it but I can't."

"Then if you need it tell me and I'll get it."

"You see that wouldn't work because I don't trust you to be here whenever I need something and can't reach because you will probably be off fucking some girl. So please, move the god damn flour to my reach level."

"Fine!" I said picking it up and moving it. "Is this good shorty?"

"Yes, little dick."

I chose to ignore her comment and she started cooking.

"You know I've come to the conclusion of why you choose to sleep with so many girls." She said turning the burner off on the stove moving the pan over.

"Oh yeah?"

"Mhm. You're just to big of a pussy and sleep with them because it makes you feel big and macho."

"Really huh?"

"Yup, I've seen your case before. You're just a little pussy cat in a lions body."

"Is that so?"

"It is and really it's a shame." She said as I got up standing in front of her.

"So you think you can just walk into my life and call me a pussy like it's nobodies business, hm?"

"I can do whatever the hell I want."

"I'm not a fucking pussy, you little shit."

"Really?"

"Yeah, really."

"Prove it."

"What?"

"Prove it."