(24) reunited

Me and Clarice stared at each other, not knowing how to feel. I was still angry on how she left me but I had longed to see her again. She didn't change much, except her age. She had more bolder cheekbones and jawline, even more beautiful ten years later. As much as I wanted to see Clarice, after many years, i didn't want to meet her now. Too much was going on in my life and I felt like this would become a chore. I didn't know if we should hug or not, however, Clarice wrapped her arms around me. I kept her close to my chest and I could hear her giggle while holding me. Everyone stared at me and Clarice, in confusion. We held onto each other for a moments then she let go of me. I never smiled so much as I did now.
"How do you two know each other?" Asked Abigail. I glanced at Clarice and she just seemed to not care about anything else that was going on in the world, I didn't feel pressured about my answer.
"We were old school friends, we were pretty close" I said. I didn't know if Clarice came out and even if she has, I haven't.
"That is sweet" smiled Jack. I glanced back at Hannibal and I saw he was smiling at the sight of me and Clarice.
"Oh, Clarice. This is Hannibal, he's my..." I didn't know what to say. Should I say friend, psychiatrist, lover?
"Friend" Said Hannibal, who kissed Clarice's hand. She seemed flattered and smirked at me.
"We have so much to catch up on!" I shouted, Clarice hadn't dropped her smile since she realised who I was.
"Of course! But, work is piling so maybe this Saturday?" She recommended.
"I have a tight schedule but I don't have an existing schedule..." I tried to explain. She seemed confused.
"Things are just happening out of the random everyday, I don't know if I can have a planned day" I expanded.
"Oh, course! I'm sure you have, a lot to do. I'm sorry for your loss, by the way." Assured Clarice.
"Thank you" I said, losing my smile.
"As nice as this must be for you two, I have to steal agent Sterling back to the FBI headquarters" explained Jack. Clarice looked back at me and I caught her gaze. I didn't know how to say goodbye, I didn't know what she was comfortable with.
"Bye" she smiled and waved. I waved back, smiling. They both left the room. I turned back to Hannibal and he was smiling.
"What?" I asked, I couldn't wipe my smile off my face.
"Nothing, I just haven't seen you smile in a while" he said, touching the dried blood on my forehead.
"Oh. I nearly forgot. I sorta need to go shower" I said, glancing over at Abigail who was reading. She looked up and saw me and Hannibal looking at her.
"What? I can be on my own" she assured and went back to reading.
"Can I shower at yours?" I asked. He nodded his head and lead me out the room. While leaving the hospital, I glared at all the patients roaming free. They were all sad sight, and it gloomed my day. When we left the hospital, the sun was shining bright and the sky was clear blue. I took in some fresh air and smiled at its cleanliness. Being in the hospital for so long, nearly broke my scent from the amount of bleach and sanitisation they used. Hannibal unlocked his car and I sat myself down in the passenger seat.
"You seem happy from what's happened recently" said Hannibal, who started his car engine.
"As much as I hate to admit it, but my dad used to always see me kick off and cry. He comforted me but every time he calmed me down, he used to always tell me that 'looking at the bad side of things will impact how you think about everything, if you start to see the good in everything, not only you but others will also notice" I said, rephrasing what my dad told me word to word.
"I wish I met your father" he said.
"Me too, you would've gotten along well" I smiled at his comment, I was glad I was spreading around what he raised me with. If everyone was raised by my dad, it would either just be pure chaos or peace and harmony. The drive home to Hannibal's was calming but loud since it was traffic hour.

Hannibal opened his door and held it open for me. I thanked him for holding the door open for me and I headed straight to the bathroom. I undressed myself and started the shower, it was very technical but I was naked so I couldn't call for Hannibal's help. I took one last look at myself in the mirror, my body was more or less clean except my hair and face. I got into the shower and shivered from how cold it was. I tried to heat it up but it just burned me. I jumped out before I could do something else to my poor body. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around myself, and I hollered for Hannibal. I heard him jump up the stairs and enter the room, he scanned the room and looked at my pile of clothes then saw me with a towel around me, sat on the toilet seat.
"You called?" He said while avoiding to look at me.
"I can't work your shower" I nervously laughed at my stupidity and felt a little embarrassed. He rolled up his sleeves and felt the temperature of the water.
"Thats scolding hot" he said, adjusting the shower for me.
"Thanks" I said. I pulled up my towel, anxious it would fall. Hannibal nodded his head at me and left the room. I got back into the shower, the temperature Hannibal put on me for me was just right. I washed away the blood that was a brown colour since it was on my face for so long. The water hitting the bath tub, startled me, thinking it was a gunshot. I was stunned from how fast my thoughts came back in. That's when I wondered if 'THEY' were in the bathroom with me. I slowly moved the shower curtain and I didn't see anyone, I sighed in relief and glanced at the steam, covering the room. I withdrew the curtain and faced the shower head again, relaxed and feeling clean.
SMASH
I heard a plate smash and I felt a sting on my hands. I looked down to just see the scabs and scars of the plate I dropped in Hannibal's kitchen.I was now a little concerned and stressed. I hurried washing my hair but it was so thick so I had to take more time on it.
BANG
I heard a shelf fall and a slight crunch, like something breaking. I was less concerned about the hygiene of my hair so I rushed, hoping nothing would happen again.
BANG. SMASH.
I heard, it sounded like someone was knocked onto a table and then I listened to the chimes of a valuable falling off, I was starting to struggle to breathe, like something was clogging my throat. I jumped out the shower and fell to my knees.  I was staring at the ground, with my knees holding me up from the cold, tiled floor.
SLING, DRIP
I then heard a fence fly back and something was dripping, like drops of rain.. or blood.
SLAM
A door slammed shut and I heard cries of a toddler, I stared to cry as my breathing got worse. At that moment, I really thought I was going to die. I was just thinking of everyone I didn't get to do or say to people.
SMACK
The impact of the slap I heard, scared me and I felt like it was me who had just been smacked.
SMASH
I heard a window break and a door being slammed shut, maybe me after the fight with Freddie.
I screamed at the flashbacks running back. The worst ones started replaying in my head, SMACK, SMASH, BANG, CLATTER, SCREECH, SCREAMS. My vision went hazy and I felt like I was going to projectile vomit everywhere. The background sounded muffled and I had to assume what I heard in the background.
"GrAcE?" I heard. The sound was muffled and numb, I was too weak to look up to see who it was. I heard the shower turn off and I felt a towel wrap around me, I then passed out.