(34) Finding Grace

Hannibal's POV

I opened my eyes, they were hazy and couldn't focus right. I slowly got myself up and felt my muscles stiff. I had to grab something to pull myself up to my feet.
"Grace?" I shouted. There was no response except for the ring in my ear get louder. I stretched my back out then I got the scent, it smelt of beer and Mason. That shameful aftershave he had on, I then realised Grace was kidnapped. I squinted my eyes then went to go find a phone to call Jack. Once I found a phone, I dialled Jack. I listened to the ring then a voice pick up.

"Jack?" I said, down the phone.

"Hannibal? What's wrong?"

"Grace is missing. I do not know where she is"

"What? When?"

"I was attacked then I was knocked out. I've just woken up and I realised she was missing"

"Okay. Okay, where are you now?"

"At my office"

"I'm bringing Clarice and Will. We'll be over soon."

The call ended and I slowly placed it back down on the counter where I found it. I walked, in my own pace, back to my seat in my office. I slowly sat myself down and let myself rest. I laid my head back and closed my eyes, I was still rather dizzy and the room felt like it was spinning violently.  I slowly drifted into a sleep.

I woke up, opening one eye to see Clarice standing above me.
"Hello agent Sterling" I said in my gravel like tone.
"You seem relaxed" she said, glaring me up and down.
"I must remind you I was just tased and my head is currently crashing" I replied. She didn't seem impressed by me and I leaned forward on my chair to see Jack sat on my patients chair and Will behind him with his hands in his pockets. Clarice walked over and stood behind Jack. They all had a serious look on their face and looked at me. I gave them a slightly confused look.
"What happened, Dr. Lecter?" Asked Jack, with that serious tone he had only used once around me.
"I can't remember much, I was tased and blacked out. In this room. I heard Grace kick and scream and footsteps, a few of them" I exclaimed.
"Shit..." Clarice mumbled, she walked over to the window and put her head in her hands. Will looked down at the ground, swallowing his worry for Grace and Jack scribbled in his notepad.
"What happened before that?" Asked Jack. I clicked my tongue before talking about the start of my day.

"I woke up at 10 and Grace was still asleep. I decided to make her brunch after I had done my routine and she woke up half an hour later, I gave her the food I made and I left to go change. She later changed and we discussed Mason. A patient of mine. She said she was uncomfortable about him"

Will stopped me before I could talk about the incident.
"What made her feel uncomfortable about Mason?"

"She heard our first session, he had a photo that Grace didn't like and he showed me it, she must've seen it before he turned the mobile to me. He also talked about finding a surrogate and went on about how he wants Grace his surrogate" I crossed my legs since I felt like we were going to be here for while.

"Mason?" Repeated Clarice, looking back at me. I nodded my head at her and she walked towards me.
I continued my story about my morning with Grace.

"As I was saying, Grace was doing something in the kitchen and I talked with Mason, since it was our morning session. He had leaned off Grace and said Margot was not agreeing with the Verger baby idea and someone hit me down to the floor, I fought back but I was out numbered" I exclaimed. They all exchanged looks at each other.

——————— time skip ——————

We were spying outside Mason's gates. It was just me and Jack.
"Many guards... I wonder what their trying to keep out" mumbled Jack, who was viewing this through his binoculars. We were both in the car so it was a small squeeze.
"Or out..." I mumbled. Jack offered me the binoculars and I put them up against my eyes and  saw the many guards they had on watch, seemed to be twenty just at the front of the gate and some were even given rifles or pistols. After I got a look at what we were dealing with, I gave Jack back the binoculars.
"How do we do this, Jack?" I asked him.
"We wait till we have an opening. I will post some agents out here to tell me who leaves and who enters and if we have an opening" Jack informed me. I nodded my head in agreement. I seated myself properly and he repeated his plan in his walkie-talkie. At that moment, I was thinking what Grace was doing, or What Mason was doing and did Margot have anything to do with this?