#25

| Allie |

The raindrops were slithering down the glass wall, making patterns . Thin lines blurring out the glass.

Rain is the worse thing that can happen during a heartbreak.

The pitter patter of it reminding me of the cracks that's were deepening in my heart, jagging around it. Pulling me into abyss.

This cafe had a glass like wall ,I was sitting right beside it , that let you see what was going on outside. People with umbrellas rushing to get home, some had boxes of food tucked under their arm. Couples laughing and reminding me of what I just lost. I was sure I made eye contact with few of them .

But I wasn't really looking at them. I was far away from here. .somewhere that dark man was. He was lurking around everywhere i went. Just when I vowed not to think about him , he would spring back with more vigor.

How do I get rid of a person whose handprint was on my soul?

I couldn't get him out of my head for a single second. I couldn't , wouldn't, stop thinking about him and the love that was still blooming for him. . deepening for him. why wasn't it going away? He used me. .that should make me hate him right?

Then how come I spend the whole night crying because i missed him. Because my heart craved him like never before. Not able to talk to him was taking its toll on me.

Glancing down at the cold coffee, my appetite died .

I was staring down at my coffee like I had discovered a whole new world in it when really I was just being. . mentally absent.

I hate this feeling! I hate this wretched feeling ! I hate missing him!

Call him. .

My heart begged for the millionth time and I fisted my hand , my cell was laying right on the table. .next to the coffee .

The black coffee.

I never had black coffee in my life because I heard how bitter and tasteless it was and yet here I was having a big cup of black coffee.

He was absent from my life and yet so ever present. .

I was fooling myself , trying to trick my heart into thinking he never existed , all he did was use me. .but my heart was adamant on loving that man.

The warm environment of the cafe didn't reach my heart . In fact it made me realize more of how lonely I was, how pathetic my life had become. .like a shallow dream .

Engrossed in my cynical thoughts I didn't notice two bodies making their way towards me .

I didn't notice people turning their necks , following them.

When the chairs scraped against the floor, that's when I lifted my head up. . startled.

And shocked.

Then downright angry!

Gloria and him.

Gloria was dressed impeccably with a long fuschia coat over a black turtle neck sweater paired with black pants, her golden locks spiralling on her shoulders.

The him had a button down dark chocolate shirt , sleeves rolled up to his elbows. .the sinewy veins around his wrist flexing at every movement. He had a jacket on him that he placed on his lap. .

I felt his heavy gaze on me but I absolutely didn't look at his face , my eyes levelled on Gloria's face.

"Now now, don't get mad. I come with peace. .the yellow flag." She grinned, her red painted lips going up.