🥀 Chapter 36 🥀

Apologise or action? Apologise. Each apology mainly has the word 'sorry' in it. However, that word is being timed by a hourglass. A transparent, glassy hourglass with turquoise sand running in it. The sand goes down slowly, for it matches the time of a person. Hourglasses show a certain time span, for this hourglass showed how long one could say sorry. It starts from the day one is born and makes a mistake. Normally as a child, they make many mistakes. From knocking over something or saying something disobedient. In those cases, they say 'sorry' and move on with life. Adults forgive the children as they make a simple mistake. It was such a magical word that could get you anywhere as a child if you just said it. All of your wrongdoings would be made right and no one would think that you have done something wrong. Yet, what children don't understand is that you can't use that word for so long. So as the hourglass keeps running, people keep getting older. They grow more mature, yet they still make mistakes. The sand keeps seeping through the narrow glass space as someone else makes a mistake. A child that once grew older was still saying 'sorry.' They apologise, yet they don't do anything about the mistake they made. Actions speak much louder than words and sorry doesn't mean anything anymore now. It was just something that you could use as the hourglass's sand went down. When all of the delicate sand fell down, an extraordinary word becomes wilted. It cannot be used anymore because it was simply just a word. Nothing more and nothing less. Action. When the hourglass's sand goes down and one couldn't just say a simple word for what they've done, they take action. They try to find a way to solve the issue rather than dusting it under the carpet. They resolve the mistake they made and moved on. For that's what everyone should do. I stared outside at the multiple shops and houses. It was truly a beautiful town, yet it lingered the strangest feeling. An odd feeling of something just not being right, or something not being there. Perhaps, it may just be because it's a game and that's why it feels weird. Although, even if it were just a game it shouldn't feel as strange. It was an unsettling feeling. I blinked a couple of times, feeling a little hazy. A hint of dizziness seeped into the crevices of my mind. What was I saying again? Something about this town being strange. I frowned. Why would I say something like that? This town is wonderful. It's ever so pretty and if all of the other towns look like this, it would be lovely to live here. I smiled. That's right, this is a beautiful town. Ryoko looked at me and smiled a bright smile.
"Are you enjoying yourself N...Nagito?" she asked, forgetting my name in the middle. I nodded and took another sip of the tea. Sadly, the tea was nearly done.
"Yes, I'm having a lot of fun. It's such a pretty place," I hummed and shuffled in my chair. Ryoko nodded, content, and came to sit down in front of us. Himiko was upstairs, sorting out something that she had to do. I looked beside me to see that Izuru was looking at me slightly confused. His eyebrows were furrowed and he was staring at me sternly.
"Is something the matter Izuru?" I questioned him. He shook his head and continued to look elsewhere. I scratched the back of my head. I wonder if it was something I had said. I don't recall saying anything different. After all, this whole time I have just been complimenting this town. There was nothing different there. I sighed. It couldn't have been something I said. Himiko came running down the steps of the stairs, nearly tripping on one. She was holding a letter in one hand and had her other hand on the rail. Ryoko looked up curiously and tilted her head at the letter in confusion.
"What's that you got there Himiko?" she mumbled. Himiko sighed as she jumped over the last step and came over towards us. She waved the letter in Ryoko's confused face.
"This is the letter we wanted to give to Ruruka," she replied. Ryoko made an even more confused face as she fumbled with her cup of tea. She bit her lip as she tried to remember something, but failed.
"Doesn't Ruruka live next door to us?" Ryoko muttered and Himiko sighed in response. With the letter still in hand, she walked over to the window before turning her head to us.
"Ruruka was banished from the town. No one can see her that's from Candy Town. Including us," Himiko responded with a miserable voice. Ryoko gave a miserable look to us before looking down and sipping her tea, feeling ashamed that she hadn't remembered something. I gave a light smile to Himiko.
"I can give the letter to her, if she's not too far that is," I proposed. The small red haired girl looked at me a little surprised at the gesture. She raised an eyebrow before looking at the side and thinking about it. Ryoko sipped her tea calmly, while looking at Izuru. It seems that the fact that he had said no to her tea earlier had made her slightly mad. It was such a small thing to get mad over though and Ryoko doesn't seem like the type of person to have a short temper. Himiko nodded and put the envelope in my hand. The envelope, in which contained the letter, was tattered on the edges. It had the familiar smell of ink and paper.
"She lives in the Dairy Town now, it's just straight ahead. You'll find her house, easily. It's the only pink one," Himiko explained briefly. I nodded and looked at Izuru, for his reaction. He was stern and he was just staring at my empty tea cup. I blinked a couple of times before facing my teacup myself. My eyes inspected the tea cup, perhaps there is something I'm missing. After all, he couldn't just be staring at the tea cup for nothing. Izuru looked away from the tea cup and back at me. He glanced at the letter.
"We will leave now and give the letter as a gesture for your hospitality," he murmured before getting up. He fixed his tie and walked away from the table. I got up as well and looked around, making sure that I hadn't left anything in a mess. Ryoko smiled and waved at us without saying another word. Himiko, on the other hand, was fairly grateful for our stay.
"Thank you for coming, please do come again!" she insisted as she held the front door open. A sharp breeze of cold air smacked me in the face as I shivered a little. It was still unnervingly cold. I wonder why it's so cold here anyways.
"Will we need to come back and tell you that we gave the letter?" I asked her as I stepped on the frosty pavement once again. Himiko shook her head, as she kept a hand in the air waving.
"No, she will write back," she shrugged as Izuru started to walk away. I waved a little while jogging slightly to catch up with him. He seems that he wants to get out of here as soon as possible. Although, that will be when the game is finished and I haven't even done anything yet. The letter in my hand waved a little as the wind rushed past us. I looked down at it. Well this might be my first task, giving the letter. I might gain some points from that. Izuru's head looked around cautiously as my eyes glazed over the pretty colours of the windows as we walked straight ahead.
"It's such a beautiful town, I wish that Hell was like this," I muttered while kicking some pebbles beneath my feet. Izuru looked at me with an unreadable look.
"You were just talking about how it made you uneasy," he questioned me, while looking back ahead. I frowned. I don't recall saying that at all. The snow continued to fall and got some snowflakes on the envelope.
"I don't remember saying that. Well, either way I love this place," I nodded in content. Izuru hummed a little before stopping in his tracks.
"It is quite unusual to change an opinion so
fast."