🥀 Chapter 37 🥀

Frightful or pleasant? Frightful. It's someone's eyelids closing, feeling sleep upon them. They shut their eyelids, after procrastinating whether to sleep or not. When sleeping, people often have dreams. They could be good, bad, a mixture or people might just not remember them in the morning. It was not often for the person sleeping to have bad dreams and even if they did it was highly unlikely that they would remember them when they woke up. Yet, this week was different. For a nightmare slipped into their head. The dream was interesting, yet horrifying. The person was just sitting at a table, minding their own business. It seemed that they were sitting in a cafe, for the smell of coffee lingered in the air and the chatting of people surrounded their ears. It was a peaceful day, the chatting only background noise. Suddenly, the person's phone buzzed. A message came up, it had spoke about waiting in the cafe. The person shrugged and carried on sipping their coffee. From their calm demeanour, the message was most probably from a friend. The person waited and waited and waited for their friend to show up. Yet the friend never came. It was suddenly night time, which was shocking as it was just morning. Dreams are complicated and sometimes they don't make sense, hence the sudden change in the atmosphere. The person got up from their table, feeling a little confused as to why their friend never came. Though, there was not much they could do and so they left the cafe. They pushed open the door to hear a high pitched scream. The person directed their eyes to the side, where cake icing had been smothered all over the floor. There was a girl there, screaming as a mysterious person in black held her hand. The girl and person in black were facing their backs towards the main person, so not much could exactly be seen. There was a mixing bowl on the floor though, filled with white buttercream and something red...or maybe pink. The person stepped back from the scene and clutched the door of the cafe. They couldn't exactly see what had happened of course, apart from the scream. The person in black had done something to the girl's hand. They looked back at the mixing bowl. It seems that there is something in it, something that is not icing nor anything to do with cake. The person ran back straight into the cafe and shut the doors. They didn't know what to do at all. All of a sudden, an alarm went off. The person opened their eyelids, noticing that they were no longer in any cafe, but their house. It turns out that was all a dream. Pleasant. A dream could equally be pleasant, as much as it could be bad. The person would be waiting in the coffee shop for their friend and soon enough their friend showed up. They chatted until they were tired and then headed home. It was still light outside so the person had no trouble with navigating back to their house and they didn't have to see the incident at night. Yet, it was only because the friend showed up that they didn't have a nightmare. Sometimes our experiences relate to other people's actions and that's a worrying thing about life. I bit my lip. Feeling the cold breeze was something that I'm not enjoying. It was as if the weather was tormenting me on purpose. That was probably the only downfall with these towns. How cold each one was. I folded my arms and carried on walking down the path. Izuru seemed to know where he was going and I wasn't going to interfere in his navigation. All I have to do is follow him. After all, I don't know much about what's going on. Ruruka mentioned something on brain washing, which is weird. I hummed. I don't think that anyone has gotten brainwashed in the palace. Surely, there must be a mistake. I sighed, this was just confusing. Why am I always the one confused? The short sigh quickly turned into a frown. That's just a part of my unluckiness, nothing much I can do about it. It was a cobbled stone path that I was following. It looked as if it were a relic, yet it was so shiny so each stone must be polished everyday. It's so much effort for just a game.
"We will be going to Fruit Town," Izuru sighed. I nodded as a brilliant blue sign, made out of wood, came up. The writing seemed to be carved in the wood, it was messy, yet I was able to read it. However, it could have easily been mistaken for some other town.
"Why are we here exactly?" I questioned as we entered into the new town. It was filled with characters, much more than the other two towns. Majority of the characters had the hair colour of orange and red. I guess that represents oranges and apples. Each person wore a silver lock necklace, glistening in the sun's blinding rays. I wonder why they all wear a necklace, there must be a reason. It was hard to see any further from all of the characters.
"I am here to collect a certain type of medicine to put into a syringe," he shrugged. I blinked a couple of times, trying to understand what he had just said, before jumping a little away from him. A syringe? That's frightening.
"Syringe? What are you going to do with that?" I huffed. He looked at me before turning his head away to the multiple crowds that faced us.
"You will see," he replied and then manoeuvred himself towards the crowd. I frowned, that's not the best answer. In fact, it's kind of scary. I hate syringes, the fact that we let the needle pierce through our skin willingly. The sharp needle going through the cells as if we were cloth being sewed. I shivered. It still makes me uncomfortable. I used to get a lot of injections when I was little. Mahiru would always be there though, she would hold my hand as I would get it. It was comforting, as a child I guess you needed some comfort whenever going through something like that. My shivering was put on a stop button as I tried to follow Izuru. Strands of green hair flew into my eyes as I squinted them. Izuru is going so fast, how can he even manage to get through such crowds. It's as if he has mapped out a pathway for himself. I felt myself step on someone's foot. I looked abruptly to the side to see a character on their phone while trying to push someone out of their way. I frowned, I don't think that they have noticed that I have stepped on their foot. I shrugged and carried on walking. However, that walking was more like pushing people out of the way and twisting and turning your body to get to the place you want to. Izuru started to walk towards the right, managing not to be touched from other characters as he left the stuffy crowd. I turned right as well, my shoulders brushing someone else's shoulders. This is very annoying. I frowned, I preferred the cold rather than this. I hate places that are stuffy. I smiled as I was finally out of the crowd. Though, it had become once again its usual cold. I shivered.
"We will be going in here," Izuru instructed. I tilted my head as he walked down an alleyway. This was fairly interesting. The alleyway was dark and it had a lot of graffiti on the dirty, cold walls. I stopped walking as I tried to get a better look at it. There were loads of fruit names in graffiti, however, there was only one fruit that had stood out. On the wall was the word 'Strawberry' with a mixture of pastel pinks, corals and a deep red. It looked as if the graffiti artist had sprayed pink graffiti around the word, only to change it to red afterwards. Maybe, they didn't like the colours they had used. There was a small, thin layer of black under the word. I stepped closer to the wall and my hand brushed against the black. The layer came off instantly, sticking to my hand. I frowned as the layer that had come off showed a new word, 'Ryoko.'