16

Kamala's POV

My eyes darted on the big hole missing from the wall.

Tears were flooding my eyes as I stood at the edge of the wall. Shaking, I crunched down towards the edge as I held my knees in my arms.

The last thing I remembered was walking through the door. Alister was in his office so I limped my way to the main living room where I started to organize my equipment.
My back was stinging from the still very evident scars and there was some sort of of liquid teasing me through the fabric.
With shock, I realized I must have been bleeding.
The scar from the whip must have reopened.

The red sensation traced my spine and managed to get all over the white fabric of my blouse.With panic, I turned around and picked up a sponge to try and calm the wound but instead fell over from the now more than apparent pain on my upper back.

I grunted in agony and watched with trepidation as I saw the door to the office open.
Then it all happened too fast.
One minute, Alister was set by the door with his eyes locked on my battered face and the next, his fist was through the wall as he yelled out swears.

My entire body was quivering and all I wanted in the moment was to disappear. Alister was furious and he was taking it out on anything that stood in his way and I was terrified I would be next. The room looked unrecognizable to the state it was just a few minutes ago. The beautiful decoration was now splattered in the floor and the wall lost it's comfortable dark shade with the enormous holes splattered across.

Soft sobs were escaping from my mouth and I was desperately looking at the door hoping I could get out.
The tears were still soaking my cheeks and my breathing was starting to get caught up my throat as it felt harder and harder to breathe.
I started to choke and even the constant ringing in my head telling me to breathe did not help to calm me down. The panic rose to my chest and I was struggling to keep a hold of the air surrounding me.

Unaware, Alister was still punching the shit out of anything he could find and he looked exactly what I had been afraid of picturing. A mafia boss.

That was when Alister's eyes met mine. He took in my hysterical state and instantly stopped. He must have realized I was on the verge of a panic attack because the next thing I knew he was walking over to me with an almost sorrowful expression. For a second, I thought I had seen a hint of worry but blamed the illusion on my panicked condition.

He stepped up to me before getting on his knees to try and match my position. His hand reached forward to try and hold my shoulder but I instantly flinched and curved myself further against the wall. The fight for air became more violent as I felt my heart swelling and the world around me closing.

The next thing I knew, I was being picked up in somebody's arms. The thought of anyone touching me seemed to only frighten me more but struggles to get down seemed useless compared to my now less than weak form.

I was placed on the sofa and I felt Alister's worked up figure next to me. Like me, he also seemed panicked. He didn't know what to do as he obviously never had to deal with a panic attack.

Surprised he even cared about something that had to do with me, I scooted away to the edge of the sofa to relive what felt like the end of the world for me.

Suddenly I felt a hand touch mine, sending light electric sparks all over my body. Alister came closer to me as if hesitant on whether him being there would only worsen the problem. At that point, the only movement my body could do was quiver as I slowly waited for the darkness to come.

And yet, it couldn't come fast enough as I will left in my suffering state.

And then, all of a sudden, I felt something I never thought I would.