Chapter 9

Mmmm

*whispers* THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU RUN AWAY. Shrek referenccccccce!

I can't get rid of the Justin Bieber rating!!! It's just so annoying that it's there when I have nothing to do with him in my story.

Mari's POV

I looked up. "Oh no. Look ahead." I told everyone. They looked up. Then they saw it. An upset Nino. Nino never cries so this is very rare. I could tell that Chloe was gonna laugh at him but I stopped her, "Let me handle this." She was upset that I was going to handle it and not her but she stood her ground with the others. "Nino? Is that you?" I walked over to him.

"Yeah. It's me. Mari? Is that you?" I nodded. He wiped his tears. "God, I was awful to you. I'm so sorry. You don't have to forgive me. Just know that I'm terribly sorry for what I did to you. I should never have let
Lie-la get in my head and I should have been there for my little sister. I wish I could just start over." He was still sniffing as he said that.

"I forgive you. We can start over." I said. He stared at me flabbergasted.

"How can you just forgive me that easily? I was horrible to you. I beat you up in alleys, made the teacher give you extra homework, and the worst one, I wasn't there for you. I should have not let Alya influence me to think such horrible things about my baby sister. I new it was a trap and I was just a mouse going into it. Then Alya broke up with me because I apparently did what she needed and I was no use anymore. Why don't I take you and those people I guess you associate with out to dinner?" He asked me. At least he is trying to become a better person.

"Let's go but let me introduce you to them." I lead him over to my group of people. "Nino this is Damian and you know Chloe." I introduced them.

"Nice to meet you.I thought you told me you had no siblings?" He asked me.

"Oh, we aren't related. I was friends with him before I moved to Paris. He is the blood son to Bruce Wayne." I informed Nino.

"Why did you mention that?" Damian asked me.

"Well, Nino here, is obsessed with your father's work and you being someone who is related to his idol would be nice for him to know who you are." I nudged him in the side a bit and he put his arm around me. He had this warm embrace. He smelled like a fire. If Amon was here, he would tell me how much I love him. Which I don't.

"Well I don't know about obsessed. Heh." Nino said while rubbing the back of his neck. "So why don't we go to the Café down the street and talk? I would love to catch up." Nino asked.

"Sounds great," I said giving him a hug. He needed it and I could tell. He hugged me back.

"Thanks, Bug. I don't know what I would do without you." He told me. Wait did he call me Bug?

"What do you mean bug? Where did that come from?" He rolled his eyes.

"It's kind of obvious. Besides Lie-la telling everyone that she abandoned us and that you were her." He told me and I was panicking. "What did I say?"

"You broke her! She can't handle this much stress!" Damian screamed. "You should have never come here in the first place!" He yelled at him. Nino felt so guilty right now. I couldn't blame him. I would feel the same way.

"I'm. . . Ok. . . I'm. . . Fine. . . Please stay, Nino." I told him while hyperventilating. "Damian, I'm ok. You don't need to snap." I said as I hugged him. He tightened it crushing my bones.

"I just don't know what I'd do if I lost you." I was surprised he said that. I can hear Amon saying how much we love each other.

"I think you would probably be the strongest 19 year old alive for starters." I giggled to him and he laughed.  A hearty laugh. I was happy from this moment until...