Don't Trust Anyone

Izuku was tired.

He couldn't get caught.

He CoUlDn'T gEt CaUgHt.

HE COULDN'T GET CAUGHT.

His heart raced as he jumped from tree to tree while Asuka and Mamoru followed behind him. 

His breathing quickened as he looked from side to side. Were they still near them? Were they still after him?

It was funny, Izuku thought, that he didn't want anyone to find him. When he was first left in this forest, all he wanted was to be FOUND. Izuku shook out of his thoughts and his stomach rumbled. He had been running for a solid half hour. One snack wouldn't hurt, right? He took out a pear and bit into it. Izuku silently thanked his past self for stocking up food in his yellow bag. God knew what would happen if he was too late.

After finishing off the pear, he watched as Mamoru stalked and killed a passing rabbit (poor rabbit) and Asuka pecking at and eating a few worms. Once he was sure that they were finished eating, he let out a short whistle. Mamoru and Asuka looked at him and Izuku started his way to who-knew-where and his two friends followed him.

****************************************************Bakugou groaned with frustration.

The stupid-as-fuck police couldn't find Izu-chan after an entire night of searching. For fuck's sake, did they even try? He ran his hand through his soft yet spiky hair as the human caterpillar (Aizawa) started herding the class towards the bus. Bakugou stomped over.

"Did the police finally fucking find him?"

Aizawa turned to look at the furious Bakugou. "No, they said that they were too late."

"TOO LATE MY FUCKING ASS, WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY DOING THEN? AREN'T THEY PAID FOR THIS FUCKING SHIT?!" Bakugou ranted and Kirishima slowly walked over, trying to pacify the raging pomerian.

"Bakubro, why don't you - "

"SHUT UP SHITTY HAIR!"

The class would have sweatdropped at this battle but they too were worried. Guardian had saved Bakugou, Kota, Uraraka, and Setsuna from Mister Compress, Muscular, and Toga. In fact, he was practically the only reason why they caught them. But there was one other thing that was unsettling to hear.

Guardian, or as they learned, Midoriya Izuku, had been missing for a decade. No traces. No evidence. Not only that, there was no evidence that the boy even existed. If it weren't for their records and Bakugou, no one would have noticed that he had disappeared. Why was he here? Why did either parent not inform the police of his disappearance? But more importantly...

What happened?

What happened? They were a loving family. Hisashi's coworkers reported that Hisashi would always talk about his son during work. But then he stopped suddenly. When he was asked of his son, Hisashi said, "What son?"

Inko wasn't any better. She was fidgeting and acting like a normal parent, but why didn't she report the disappearance? Why?

Midoriya Izuku was the greatest mystery the police had.

And now they found him. THEY FOUND HIM. But like their other leads, Midoriya slipped out of their grasp and now no one knew where he was.

However, Detective Naomasa had a hunch that they had to visit a certain man again.*****************************************************The sun was well up when Izuku stopped running. He ran his hand on the bark of the tree that he was sitting on. He sighed and looked sadly at Mamoru and Asuka.

"Well, we're going to have to start again, aren't we?"

--------------------------------------------When the sun came back down and the owls started to hoot, Izuku was already as tired as he could be. He had crafted a shelter of sorts, but it wasn't as good as his cave.

His cave.

Izuku chuckled wearily. His cave was probably taped up with police tape and was being searched top to bottom. There was no way he could ever go back. He sat up and stared at the roof of his shelter.

Izuku had gathered a bunch of sticks and made them sit at an angle against a large rock, like it was a right triangle, with the ground as the bottom line and the rock as the vertical line with the sticks as the diagonal line. The sticks were then covered with vines and leaves to stop any water from seeping in, should it rain. Izuku was lucky. It didn't rain.

He laid back down and closed his eyes. Next to him, Mamoru was curled up into a nice, warm, furry ball and Asuka was sleeping on the other side. As his eyes closed, Izuku smiled.

This was his life.

It wouldn't stay that way for long.