chapter 3: Hello new beginnings!

2 hours later, i am landing in cape town, the weather here is worse than in Joburg, people are in their winter coats and boots, i feel so underdressed!

After collecting my luggage, i uber to my new home, apparently the place we are living in is just 10 minutes away from work, i am truly going to love it here.

As soon as i get to the complex the security signs me in and i walk towards reception, it appears i am the first of the 8 graduates to arrive here so i get to pick my own apartment, i choose one with the best view of the whole city. This place is huge! It's also very classy, top notch honestly. The living room is themed with white and a touch of grey, the kitchen has white built ins and all the appliances are black, the bedroom has no linen, just white curtains and cream white built ins, with an ensuit bathroom and 2 other bedrooms, the main bedroom has an amazing sliding door with a nice view, i can already imagine filling this balcony with fresh sunflowers.

I love love love sunflowers! They just have a way of brightening up my day. I called my sisters to let them know that i have landed and obviously they asked about the place and demanded pictures of my apartment. Yes! MY apartment!

I decide to unpack my laggage, i have 7 suitcases with just my clothing and shoes, after unpacking everything i take a nice,long and relaxing shower.

When i check the time, its just after midday meaning i spent almost the whole morning just unpacking. Right now though, i am famished, since i dont have any dishes and pots yet, or even any groceries, i decide to order in.

I opt for a spicy seafood boil with some orange juice and a tub of magnum chocolate flavoured ice cream. I am obsessed with seafood!

My food arrives and as soon as the smell of seafood hits my nostrils my heart leaps for joy, i am so happy. I dig in and in no time i almost finished the whole boil, i bought a seafood boil for 2.

Cape town is cold, even indoors, i switched on the aircon but it doesnt seem to be doing the trick so i fetch my small throw blanket and start catching up on "the real housewives of johannesburg" this has to be my favourite reality show, I love how there's always drama among these ladies, i believe the show is scripted but then again i enjoy every minute of it. I cannot believe there are people out there who just live to dress up and look good without sweating for the money they are spending!

I am woken up by the annoying sound of my cellphone ringing, i must've dozed off on the couch, whoever it is better have a very valid reason for disturbing my princess sleep "hmmm"i say this without even checking who's calling, "awao moGurl you cant be sleeping while you're in a completely new city, dress up and turn up hunnnay!!" That can only be Phelo!

Phelo is your typical trust fund baby, he's the "mommy can I" type,he completed the degree just because his parents pushed him to, He's very bright though, he's your dean's list type of guy so he was funded by a bursary and with his tuition fees his parents bought him a Mercedes benz C63s! He was one of the few people i knew who lived at "the campus", thats the new residence thats just behind campus square.

He lives for partying and drinking, he's such a happy soul. "Phelo ufunani kanti(what do you want)" i say this out of annoyance, those around me know better than to wake me up from my princess naps!

"Ha.ana chommie you left without even telling us, i just wanted to check if virgin mary is settling in well" he's very caring but always teasing me about my choices. "Awwwww mngani thank you, i am settling in just fine, the place is HUGE! Once everything is settled you guys should come for a turn up weekend, each of you have bedrooms here!!"

"Ahhhhh chommie plus I've never been with some fine ass cape townian manzzzzz" Phelo loves his man like he loves his alcohol, we call him "Nomadoda" well because of his love for me and also because he's gay!

"Uqalile Nomadoda(here we go again)" i say while chuckling "chommie I've got to go, I'll video call you tomorrow and you better not be sleeping, i love you mammie" with that said he hangs up.

I check the time on my watch and i realise its just after 9 in the evening,i must've been jetlagged i didnt realise i was tired.

I watched a few more movies before dozing off again on the couch since my beds are all still naked.