chapter 5

"Beep beep beeep" the annoy sound of my alarm, i honestly thought i was way past this stage when i left school,but clearly this annoying sound is stuck with me for life.

Its 6am and i am up, i decide to clean up the house first since my shift only starts in 2 hours, i clean up my bedroom, the ensuite and the rest of the house,i mop the floors and dust the furniture. By 7h15 i am done with both cleaning and preparing breakfast, i felt like having something oily and greasy, so I prepared toast, eggs, bacon, grated cheese, sausages and a large mug of strong black coffee.

After breakfast i take a timed shower because i know i can spend close to an hour in the shower without even noticing. Today is my first day at work, i need to make a lasting impression to both my colleagues as well as my boss. I decide to wear a below the knee black pencil dress with a V neckline, black stockings, red block heels and top it off with a red coat, i tie my hair up into a neat bun then i lay my edges.

I take one final look in the mirror before driving off to work, sister calls while i am driving and my phone is connected so i can talk to her while driving.

Thengi:"Ntomb'Zinhle, ukahle?"
Me: "yebo sisi, ngikahle nina ninjani(yes sis i am good, how are you guys?)"
Thengi: "Nathi sikahle, uk'khala akusizi sisi, are you ready for your first day?" She's making me emotional,this right here is something i wish i had with my mom, a conversation with her before my first day at work.
" i am excited sisi, i cannot wait" i say, "okay keh Ntombi, call me at lunchtime and tell me all about your day okay? I love you, bye" with that said we end the call, i am suddenly feeling very down and emotional.

I get to the office building, park in the visitors parking and head in, the receptionist shows me the boardroom saying that the management would like to formally introduce us to Mazibuko and Son's.

As soon as i step in, i am shocked to find that the introductions have already began, i am very socially awkward and i hate moments like these where suddenly all eyes are on me, i squeeze myself between the others and i opt to stand right at the back,i feel so embarrassed.

"Welcome Ms Mnisi, oh dont worry we were just about to begin with the introductions, I am Mr Mazibuko Senior, the Founder of Mazibuko & Sons" he says this with a deep voice, Mr Mazibuko Snr looks like he is in his early 60s, he was part of the penal that was interviewing us back in second year for the bursary selection procedure, i am shocked to find out that he is actually the founder of this big oil deport company.

"I am Sbusiso Mazibuko, the CEO of MS, i am looking forward to working with each and everyone of you, I hope you all feel at home, and may you always note that my door is always open feel free to discuss any queries or grievances directly with me if you feel so, Welcome!" That must be Mr Mazibuko Snr's older Son, he looks like he is in his early 40's although i commend him for his professionalism.

"Maqawe Mazibuko, CFO of Mazibuko and son's" okay short and straight to the point, if i didnt know better i would assume that this one was forced to be part of this, he isnt even dressed the pary, he is wearing casual black skinny jeans and a white golf tshirt with a white airforce!! He looks young and very sexy, but we need to keep things professional.

"One of the Mazibuko brothers is currently out of town on business and he is the one who will be incharge of heading the graduate programme, he is basically your "boss"and hopefully you will get to meet him before the end of this week, for now, our receptionist PAballo will show you around and also you will be assigned to your desks, the meeting is adjourned thank you all for making ot in on time" that's Mr Mazibuko Snr dismissing the meeting.

Paballo, the receptionist is rather friendly, she had been so helpful, she showed us around and it turns out all 8 of us are assigned to different floors, this building has 13 floors and i am assigned on the finance and accounting department ofcause meaning i will be working under Mr Maqawe.

After the induction, its lunchtime(12h00) so i decide to go and sit in my car, enjoy my lunch and give my sister an update on everything, she is so excited for me you'd swear she was the one working for MS. 10 minutes before lunch ends,i walk back to my desk and start putting up photo frames of my family, my mum, my dad and my graduation picture, "settling in already?, if i were you i wouldnt be putting all those frames up, girls like you never survive  in this department"

I look back only to be met by Maqawe with an evil smerk on his face...