chapter 16

Its now around 19h00 in the evening, I'm sipping on my non-alcoholic wine, while chatting with my sisters on whatsapp, I snap a few selfies then post then on my story with the caption "PJ party for 1" then immediately after posting it a text comes through "can I gate crash the party please?" Thats from Nhlakanipho, i dont know this guy, for all i know he might be some psycho killer, but then again I'm bored and lonely i could do with some company so I'm taking the risk.

I send him my location instead of saying anything else, in about 10 minutes a call comes through from security and I approve that they can let my visitor in, i run upstairs to change into something decent, a pair of sweatpants and a t shirt which i wore earlier at the mall.

I hear a knock, i open the door to be met by Nhlakanipho in sweat shorts, a vest and slippers, I've never seen him looking so casual. "Hey" i smile while making way for him to come in,i lead him to the sitting room "would you like anything to eat? Anything to drink?" He already has my remote and he's switching through channels without even paying attention to me.

"Sure, food please, do you have beer?" He is now looking at me, i mean this guy, why on earth would i have beer if i dont even drink, well he doesn't know that but anyway...

I just look at him in shock then he bursts out in laughter, i join in while i walk to the kitchen to dish up for him. Earlier i made alfredo pasta, sticky grilled ribs and onion sauted pork chops with a side of green salad and leftover creamy spinach. I put the food on a tray, a damp dish cloth on the side, a rinsed empty class and a jar of oros with ice cubes.

I serve him the food, he prays then digs in. A man that prays! I'm impressed honestly. While is eating i decide to go to the kitchen since theres awkward silence as he eats and he's so focused on whats on the news. "Zinhle" he calls out for me as he walks towards the kitchen. " in here" i signal him.

He hands me the plate and wipes his hands with the dish clothe before saying "the food was amazing, ngiyabonga mvuleni"(thank you mvuleni, mvuleni is part of the mnisi clan names) he smiles before walking back but then he stops and looks my direction "are you going to join me or you'll just let me spend time on my own in your house" he doesnt even wait for my response, he keeps walking.

I wash the plate then put snacks in a big bowl before heading back to the sitting room. I sit next to him, we decide on watching a movie, but we ended up chatting, laughing and basically getting to know each other....