chapter 47

We walk down the isle for the first time as Mr and Mrs Mazibuko. The drive to shepstone gardens was short, this is the venue where we will be capturing our wedding pictures. It's a nice garden with a water fountain. We posed for pictures of just us, us with our bridesmaids and groomsmen, us with our best man and maid of honour then a few with our immediate families being maMazibuko, bab'Mazibuko, My dad and my older sister.

After the picture moments we finally get to drive back to the venue for the reception. We are sitting at the back seat of his range rover. "I'm famished"  i say while he's busy snapping pictures with his phone he chuckles "hang in there my love, you'll eat soon" he chuckles while rubbing my belly which isnt even visible yet.

We finally get to the reception venue, everyone is seated already its time for him and i to walk in, he helps me out of the car, helps me fix my dress before planting a wet kiss on my lips. I smile, my husband is so caring, I'm truly blessed. "Let's go babe" he exclaims. When we walk in Vusi Nova starts singing "ngikuthandile". He knows how i feel about this song, i guess he listened to all the times were I'd go on about Mulalo's fake promises and this was the exact song that my ex and i agreed I'd walk down the isle on.

We walk in hand in hand, he's waving and greeting everyone but I'm facing down, shy as always. We get to the front then he pulls a chair for me before he sits right next to me. Phelo is also our MC, he's very well spoken.

Its time for speeches and to be honest my mind isnt even here anymore, I'm hungry,I'm just imagining the smell of fresh hot zinger wings with a side of cold ginger beer. "Ngilambile mwelase(I'm hungry)" i whisper into my husband's ear, "I'll make a plan" he whispers back with an assuring smile.

We sit for another 20 minutes and honestly I feel like crying, my sister notices that I'm not okay and she walks up to me "are you okay?" She asks "ngilambile mina sisi(I'm hungry)" she pats my shoulder and walks to the direction of the kitchen.

She's soon followed by the waiters and waitresses with the starters in their hands. I smile at her and she winks, so since we are all indulging in the starter, in the background the dj plays Kenny G's music, relaxing saxophone jazz.

I finished my plate and also ate off of my husband's plate. After starters it was time for our first days and honestly right now sleeping sounds like a better idea. We stand,walk to the center of the venue and all attention is on us again, the DJ plays our song, yes OUR SONG! "Isgcinci by mduduzi ft big zulu" I smile at my husband in amazement and he hits back with a proud smile.

We dance while he sings to me, I have my head on his chest, thats how short i am, even in high heels. After what seemed like eternity the music stops and we move bacm to our seats while everyone cheers.

The main course is brought and we start digging in while they play bra Hugh Masikela on the background. After the main it was finally time for the bouquet. The dj really hyped me up for this moment by playing "Mamela by Micasa" i do a little dance as i walk to the dance floor with all my girls hyping me up, when i turn around i notice my husband filming this, he smiles at me. I threw my bouquet and it landed on some beautiful white lady whom i assume is someone's plus one because i dont know her.

Dissert is served and honestly I've outgrown my love for ice cream so i didnt feel like having dissert. My husband walks over to the MC, it's probably regarding his playlist. After some time, the MC announces that the groom would like to say a few words.

Phenyo:"thank you all for joining us today, I'm so grateful for each and everyone who had a hand in making today a success. Babe, i have something for you, take this as my wedding gift to you" I stand from my chair and walk to where he is standing, he hands me a small box which i assume probably has jewelry.

I open the box but i dont understand, the box has keys, i look up with an inquisitive look, he hands me an envelope "these are keys to our new home, these are the documents, already has my signature, it just needs yours" I'm speechless, I'm tearing up, he pulls me into his arms and the crowd cheers as we walk back to our chairs while the dj plays some music.

"So when would you like to move in" my husband asks me while in still trapped in my thoughts, I'm still shocked. "Baby how did you pull this off" he smiles "well I'm a man of many talents". Not only am i now Mrs Mazibuko but I'm also a homeowner all these two titles wouldnt be mine had it not been for my amazing husband.