𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟗𝟗

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Ahsoka was greeted with deafening silence as she sat in the pilot's seat of her small starship, staring out at the dark abyss of space where the massive Death Star once stood.

 Where there was now nothing but empty, dark space. 

The pounding of her heart in her ears was the only sound she could hear as she blinked back the tears that rose to her burning eyes. Ahsoka ignored the silent voice in her head that told her the true fate of Anakin, Astrid, and Obi-Wan as she spoke into her comlink, "Anakin? Do you repeat? Copy. Do you repeat?" 

Again, there was nothing but deafening silence from the other end.  

Ahsoka bit down on her lip to stop the sob that threatened to escape her. Instead, she inhaled a deep, shuddering breath as if that would push away the crushing pressure building in her chest, the grief that was beginning to weigh her down like an anchor, tugging her down, down, down, down--  

She was all alone. 

And now Ahsoka didn't know what to do, where to go, who to inform of these latest events--

The thought of what she would do if all three of them-- Anakin, Astrid, and Obi-Wan-- died on their mission had never occurred to her. She hadn't thought she would need to consider such a thing. Yet, here she was, alone in her starfighter, gazing out at the space where the Death Star once loomed ominously, wondering what she should do. 

The answer came suddenly to her: Senator Padmé Amidala. 

Ahsoka knew Senator Amidala had worked closely with Bail Organa and Mon Mothma in secret. Since Bail was dead and Mon Mothma missing in action after the Empire bombed the rebel base on Yavin IV, Padmé Amidala was the only person Ahsoka could think of who could help. 

Ahsoka inhaled a heavy breath as she focused on the task at hand-- on her purpose-- to distract her from the grief that continued to pool inside her the longer she stared at the debris of the ruined Death Star, confronted over and over again with the death of her friends, her only family. 

Ahsoka forced her gaze to the controls and tapped the coordinates to Coruscant into the ship's navicomputer. A moment later, she was shooting off into space, the stars a streak of blue and white around her. 

It took but an hour for her to reach Coruscant. As her starship entered Coruscant's atmosphere, Ahsoka took great pains to avoid the Imperial scouts in the air who monitored the sky traffic for potential threats and rebels.

 It was strange how normal things were here, as if the Emperor of the mighty Empire wasn't dead. The people in Coruscant lived in ignorance-- at least for some time before the news of the Death Star reached the planet. They didn't yet know that their lives had been turned upside down just an hour ago. 

Once cleared of the scouts, Ahsoka directed her ship directly towards the massive, domed Senate building near the Imperial Palace. She decided to park her starship on a side road about five blocks from the Senate building since she figured she wouldn't be able to land right in front of the building or on one of the many private landing pads. 

On second thought, Emperor Palpatine's office was most assuredly unoccupied, so if she used his private landing pad, then she could easily slip into Padmé Amidala's office before making an inevitably hasty escape.