𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟖

❝𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒌 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖... 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅.❞ -- 𝑴𝒂𝒛 𝑲𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒂

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Astrid let out a horrified scream as she watched blood spread across the black of her tunic. She touched a trembling hand to her stomach, and it came away wet with blood, a red smear on her tan skin. 

She looked up at the man before her with wide, shocked eyes, and the man smiled with satisfaction as he brought the knife back--

She heard the hiss of an igniting lightsaber, and a moment later, the tip of a blue lightsaber emerged from the man's chest in front of her.

A second later the lightsaber disappeared from the man's chest, and the man collapsed to the ground, revealing Anakin standing just behind him, blue lightsaber in hand. The woman to the right of Astrid screamed in horror, but it sounded distant to Astrid's ears.

Astrid swayed on her feet, and the world tilted around her as she fell to one side. But rather than falling to the hard, metal ground, Astrid felt strong arms wrap around her small frame, and she looked to find herself staring up at Anakin's fearful gaze.

He touched a bloodied hand to her cheek as he said in a voice that sounded muffled to her ears, "Astrid, stay with me, stay with me!"

Pain blossomed in her stomach as she felt pressure build there at her wound, and she looked down blurrily to see Anakin pressing a bloodied hand to her abdomen. She thought distantly that he was probably trying to staunch the bleeding. 

"Anakin, that hurts," she mumbled, her words slurring as her vision became spotty. "Anakin," she said feebly, her voice trailing off.

When he didn't look her way, she grasped the wrist of his hand at her cheek. His panicked gaze found hers, and she whispered shakily, "Don't let me die. Please. I'm not ready to go."

Astrid became distantly aware that the woman had vanished. She'd gotten away. Anakin shifted Astrid as he heaved her into his arms and rose to his feet. Her vision grew darker with the sudden movement. 

Astrid thought she heard Anakin say into his arm, "Marilyn, Astrid is severely injured. I'm bring her topside to the Jedi Temple. It's urgent. You'll have to find your way back up."

Was that a commlink he was speaking into? Astrid hadn't been aware that he and Marilyn had exchanged communication links. Maybe Marilyn had given it to him before their group had separated, just in case something bad happened. 

Something like this

A cold sweat began to break on Astrid's forehead as Anakin gently lowered her across two seats so she could lay down. He brushed a lock of hair behind her ear as he told her firmly, "Astrid, keep your eyes open, okay? Master Kenobi's orders." 

Her eyes fluttered. Did she just hear him say Master Kenobi? 

"Wh-what didya just 'ay?" she mumbled weakly, her tongue thick and heavy in her mouth. 

Anakin took her hands and pressed them against her stomach. Pain erupted in her abdomen at the pressure, and she let out a shout of pain. 

"Keep the pressure there, Astrid, while I pilot the ship," he told her. "I know it hurts. I know. But you have to keep the pressure. Master Kenobi's orders."