𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟒𝟕

❝𝑾𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉. 𝑨𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔.❞ -- 𝑯𝒂𝒏 𝑺𝒐𝒍𝒐

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

As Astrid and Anakin flew into Scarif's atmosphere, she gaped at the large expanse of turquoise ocean that glittered below in the golden sunlight. Scattered throughout the vast ocean were pockets of islands and island chains bursting with lush, green vegetation. Fluffy, white clouds dotted the pristine, blue sky.

It felt as if she had just entered into a paradise.

In perfect synchronization, Astrid and Anakin guided their starfighters towards the ocean to avoid being sighted by any nearby Separatists-- wherever they were located. The bottom of Astrid's starfighter skimmed across the surface of the clear, turquoise waters. From where she flew so close to the surface of the water, Astrid could see the swaying, colorful coral reef below the warm, clear water, teeming with vibrantly colored fish and other marine life.

Astrid connected to Anakin's radio signal before she began, "Anakin?"

His reply came a moment later: "Yeah?"

She swallowed nervously before suggesting, "Maybe we should stop at my family's house to see if they are aware of any Separatist activity." She paused before adding, "Since we don't know where exactly the Separatist are located on this planet."

It wasn't a very large planet, and most of the land peeking out from the turquoise ocean was grouped together in the Southern Hemisphere. Scarif inhabitants would be aware of recent activity, especially new activity like the Separatist. She hoped her family was still living on the same island as before or else they would never find them.

Anakin cleared his throat before he replied, "Well, if you're okay with it, then that sounds like a good plan."

Was it just Astrid or was there a hint of nervousness in his tone? A smile grew upon her face as she realized Anakin Skywalker, the galaxy's Chosen One and Jedi Knight, was nervous about meeting her family.

Place him on the battlefield, and Anakin was confident and ill at ease, but place him in front of her family, and he was timorous and nervous.

The thought made Astrid laugh, but then she remembered her own nervousness about facing her family, and her smile and laughter vanished. She wasn't one to laugh. Astrid wondered if her family would recognize her.

Astrid urged her starfighter faster so she was in the lead, and she guided them south. Their starfighters streaked across the glittering ocean as the sun began to lower to the horizon, gradually casting the sky in vibrant shades of pink, oranges, and blue.

They approached a series of island chains, but Astrid steered the two of them far from them towards a lone island in the distance. She could recognize from anywhere the chalk-white stone cliffs on the east side of the distant island and the flattened slope of the island's peak that offered a clear view of the other surrounding islands.

Her home.

Or, at least her old home.

Astrid eased on the thrusters and lifted her starfighter slightly higher into the air to land it on the island's north end beach. She pushed upwards on the cockpit's glass ceiling above her, and it eased upwards with a slight hiss. Astrid leapt down from her cockpit and landed on the soft, white sand. She closed her eyes and inhaled the salty air as a cool breeze twined itself gently through her hair as if welcoming her back.