𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟒𝟏

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

"Someone is framing Ahsoka," Anakin murmured as he paced inside Astrid's room, his feet practically wearing a path through her wooden floors. 

Astrid sat quietly on the edge of her bed, lost in thought as she wracked her mind for any Jedi who would have dared to turn to the Dark Side and betray the Jedi Order... someone who was willing to betray Ahsoka to cover up their tracks. 

"Do you have any idea who would have done this?" Anakin asked, stopping in his tracks to whirl towards Astrid with a flutter of his dark robes. "Did your earlier investigation on the bombing turn up anything?" 

Astrid shook her head regretfully. "Letta was our biggest lead. Ahsoka was going to the base to hear what she had to say. Letta knew who was behind this bombing, but now she's dead, her information gone with her." 

Anakin ran a distressed hand through his hair. "Maybe Obi-Wan can help us. Maybe he can convince the Council to take over the case. The Council knows-- they have to know Ahsoka isn't the real criminal and that she didn't kill Letta!" 

"We can try to speak to him," Astrid agreed half-heartedly. "But he wasn't very helpful earlier today when the Council informed us of Ahsoka's situation." 

Anakin sighed as he turned and braced his hands against the wall, his head hanging down, and in that sigh, Astrid could hear his exhaustion and worry. He stood by the wall like that for a moment before he straightened and said, "Let's go find Obi-Wan." 

The two of them made their way over to the Council chambers where Astrid had overheard there was a meeting taking place. Thankfully, when they arrived, the meeting had just ended, so her and Anakin didn't have to wait too long before they could speak to Obi-Wan.

They lingered by the doorway as the Council members filed out of the chambers, and when Obi-Wan walked out, Anakin grabbed his arm and quickly pulled him to the side. Somehow, Obi-Wan did not look surprised to see them. "How did the military base visit go?" he asked dryly.

"How do you think?" Anakin deadpanned. He didn't wait for Obi-Wan to answer before he said, "Obi-Wan, surely there is a way you can get the Council to release Ahsoka of these ridiculous charges. You know as well as I do that Ahsoka did not do this."

Obi-Wan pursed his lips, his eyes darting around them for any listening ears before he leaned closer and remarked quietly, "Even if I could have persuaded the Council, there's no use now. Ahsoka has escaped the base, and she killed eight clone troopers in the process. The Chancellor is eager to arrest her and charge her of her crimes."

"No," Astrid breathed in disbelief. Ahsoka killed eight clones? That wasn't like the young Padawan. Ahsoka would never kill her fellow soldiers, even if her life depended on it.

Obi-Wan nodded gravely. "We're sending out two rescue teams to capture her." He indicated to Anakin and said, "I advocated for you to lead one of them, and the Council agreed. Master Plo Koon will lead the other team."

A flicker of relief flashed across Anakin's face at Obi-Wan's words, and he dipped his head as he replied, "She had to know that escaping would only make her appear more guilty. I'll make Ahsoka see reason and come back so she can be proven innocent."

"For her sake, and for yours, I hope you do," Obi-Wan remarked, and Astrid couldn't help but ponder over the Jedi Master's words. Was Obi-Wan worried about how Anakin would react if Ahsoka was successfully charged for this crime?

"You best hurry, Anakin," Obi-Wan told him as Anakin made to leave. "Ahsoka escaped but a mere three minutes ago. She should still be near the base."