Pilot Part 2

You, Jake, Rosa, Charles and Amy stood in Morgenthau's apartment, surrounded by clues and police officers.

"Okay, so the perp came in through the window, left a bloody red footprint and apparently had sex with the dishrack" you said as everyone else looked around the apartment, with Rosa taking notes.

Amy stood a few feet away and said "Shell casing found here. Two shots. Bang bang" whilst using her hands to demonstrate the shots.

"Great work, Detective. You get a tie" Jake said, pulling a tie from his jacket pocket and throwing it to Amy.

"That's mine! You took it from my desk!" Charles said in amazement.

"That's right Charles. Great solve. Tie for you" Jake said, pulling another tie from out of his pocket.

"Thanks!" Charles said enthusiastically. You smiled at Charles, he was one of your best friends in the precinct and would happily do anything for anyone.

"Now, everyone be sure to put those on because it's impossible to solve crimes unless you're wearing a tie" Jake said, looking around the apartment whilst Rosa laughs behind him.

"Lay off the captain" Amy said "That man is going to be my Rabbi."

"Okay, first of all, when you use the word 'rabbi,' that sort of turns me on and that's unfair in the work environment. Secondly, your rabbi is a pain in mine and y/n's ass."

You smiled briefly at Jake, before quickly turning away so he wouldn't notice. Charles however, noticed. You groaned inwardly. Charles was always saying how you and Jake would make such a good couple.

"Yeah, he seems a little too serious. What do you think Rosa?" Charles said.

"He seems cool" Rosa said.

"Yeah, he seems cool. I agree" Charles replied quickly.

"Looks like the perp stole a computer, a watch and a Jamon Iberico ham valued at - What!" Rosa said in surprise. "$6,000."

"$6,000 for a ham?" you said in disbelief.

"Jamon Iberico is an amazing cured ham from Spain. They had it at my uncle's funeral. I gorged myself at that funeral. I mean, I was constipated for three days." Charles said.

"Charles. We didn't need the details" you said, slightly grossed out.

Jake nodded thoughtfully. "Wow, that's a great story. Charles, thank you."

Charles laughed.

"Alright, listen up, everybody. Better contact Captain Holt, let him know we got a ten-tie situation" Jake said.

"Speaking of ties, where's yours, Meep Morp?" Captain Holt said, appearing in the doorway of the apartment.

"This is fantastic" Jake muttered to you before turning round to face the captain, saying "Captain! Hey! Welcome to the murder. What are you doing here?"

"I like to know what my detectives are up to, if that's okay with you?"

"Yep" Jake said.

"Take l/n and Santiago and go knock on doors. See if the neighbours heard anything" Holt said.

"Door duty? It's a waste of time" you said, looking slightly disappointed.

Holt ignored you and turned to Charles and Rosa. "Diaz, Boyle, check in the coroner. Report back to me in hour" he said, then leaving the room.

Jake turns to you and said "That went well."

Before you could reply, Holt's voice came from the corridor. "No, it didn't."