AC/DC Part 1

The perp walked along the footpath, looking down, watched closely by you, Jake and Charles.

"Heads up - There's our perp, looking all perpy, just perping his way down Perp Street" said Jake.

"Take a picture" you told Charles.

"Give me one second. This light is really unflattering for his complexion" said Charles, looking at the sky. 

"It doesn't have to be perfect. Tom Olson is a bad dude. He's held up four electric stores at gunpoint. Man, I wish you hadn't read that Annie Leibovitz book" Jake said.

"Quit calling it a book. It was a visual journey. You both probably think that I should shoot this in colour, instead of black and white" Charles said.

"Yes! Shoot color!" you said impatiently.

"Why have you been shooting black and white?" asked Jake. "Wait. Where's he going now? Come on."

You all walked along the footpath as Olson walked through the cars. Jake accidently kicked a can. Olson looked over.

"Damn it" you said.

"NYPD! Freeze!" shouted Jake.

Olson began to run away, and you all grabbed your guns and chased after him quickly. Olson ran into a big crowd of tourists.

"He's trapped" you said.

Olson climbed onto the top of one of the many cars.

"Top-of-car foot chase! My birthday wish finally came true!" said Jake excitedly.

Jake climbed onto the same car as Olson did, and began to run after him, jumping from car to car.

"Keep it up, Jake! He's yours! He's yours! He's yours!" shouted Charles encouragingly.

"I know! I feel like the coolest person in New York City!" replied Jake.

Jake's foot fell through someone's skylight, and he landed face first on the car, groaning loudly.

Jake walked slowly into the bullpen and Gina said "Ooh, nice pimp walk, pimp."

"Well, thank you, pimpin' playa" replied Jake.

"Whoa. That is not a pimp walk. That's a limp walk. You sure you should be here today, Jake? I mean, you wiped out hard" Terry said.

"It wasn't so much a wipeout as it was a controlled power fall, Sarge" said Jake.

"Well..." said Charles, leaning back on his chair.

"That's his disagreement squeak" said Terry. "You wiped out. What'd the doctor say?"

"Welcome; We haven't seen you in eleven years. Haven't been to the doctor's in eleven years. How trill is that?" Jake said.

"Your tones braggy, but your words are real sad. Did he clear you for active duty?" Terry said.

"First of all, the doctor was a woman. There's a such thing as women doctors, Sarge. I lied for effect. It was a man. And he said that I was perfectly fine, except for three cracked ribs and a broken toe, which were right next to two other broken toes" said Jake.

"Did he clear you or not?" asked Terry.

Jake fake laughed. "He did not. All right. Let's get to work, guys. We got a perp to catch."

"Oh, forget that. Uh-uh. No. Look. There's an APB out for your guy. Lots of cops are looking for him. You don't need to be here" said Terry.

"Sarge, I know this case better than anyone, and I am this close to solving it" said Jake, raising his hand.

"Your fingers are really far apart" you noticed.

"Yeah, I also have a hairline fracture in my thumb. Mankind's least important finger - Am I right?" Jake said. 

"A thumb isn't a finger" you said.

"Shh" said Jake. "Sarge, please. Please. Please, please, please. Just let me stay on the case, all right? I promise I won't go into the field or do anything dangerous."

"Fine. You can work the case from right here, but you are tied to your desk" said Terry. 

"Ooh, tied to my desk. Mr Grey will see you now, Sarge" Jake said.

--------------------

"Dinner party at your house? Oh, mama!" said Amy excitedly after Holt told you, Amy and Gina that he wanted you to have a dinner party with him, Kevin, Rosa and Marcus.

"I will be there" said Gina. "All I ask is that you clear the furniture out of your living room, so I can show Kev some of my new dance opera." 

"Why just some of it? Do the whole thing" said Rosa.

"Yes; Nothing would make me happier" Holt said. "And you, l/n?"

"I'll come. This will be hilarious" you said.

"See you Thursday at eight" said Holt.

"Copy that, Cap-i-tan!" said Amy. 

Holt and Rosa left.

"Later, skater" said Amy.

You and Gina laughed.

"Yes. This is wonderful. The dinner's not for four days, and you're already freaking out" Gina said.

"Excuse me. Did you not just hear me say 'Later, skater?'" said Amy.

Gina rolled her eyes.

"All right, fine. There's a slight chance, that, in the past, I may have tried a little too hard around the captain. So this time, I'm gonna be super chill" said Amy.

"Good plan" you said.

Gina looked at her phone. "Whoa. It just says you got uninvited."

"What?" asked Amy, frantically.

"Oh, honey" Gina said.

"Oh. I get it. You're joking. See? I'm cool. I get jokes" Amy said.