Chapter 21 - Picnic

Baby doll. The most aesthetically fitting dress for a picnic. Was it the soft flowing skirt or the high waist? Perhaps the tulle or lace that it may be paired with. Who knew... But all you knew is that Niffty looked so adorable!

Charlie with her sun hat, Vaggie tugging close behind with a wicker basket. Husk and Angel trudged together, Husk was tasked with holding Nuggs in a basket. For you, Alastor lent his hand out for you which you obviously took.

The Radio demon held the basket for you, Husk, Angel and himself. Niffty actually was going to have a picnic with that goat demon she met in Lu-Lu world. Alastor was against it, but you persuaded him, stating Niffty was well into her 20s and could date who she wanted.

Prepared for lunch was small sandwiches, fruit, some nice wine and chocolate covered strawberries.

"This seems like a good spot," You quip towards the small patch of grass contrasting with the array of daisies.

"We're just going to go have our picnic," Vaggie was dragged off by an eager princess quite far away from you four. Niffty had spotted Alexander under an oak tree and scuttled on over to him.

~~~

"Who's a good Nuggs?" The pig snorts back at your coos. "Yes you are!" his waving hooves earned him a belly rub and a slice of carrot.

"Feral," Alastor mumbles, flipping the next page of his novel.

"Yes you are," smirking at his eye roll, Angel and Husk stood up. "Where are you two going?"

"Husky here wants to take a walk, I'll make sure he doesn't get lost," Angel sends you a suggestive wink.

"Have fun~" saluting the two off, you put the pig back in his basket. "Dessert?"

"I don't enjoy sweet things,"

"Yes, I know, but you have to like chocolate covered strawberries,"

"They were all the rage when they were invented... which was the 60s," he hums, taking another venison sandwich.

"Old man," You cough and open the container with the treats.

"I am in my 30s,"

"Old," you tease yet again, taking a good sized treat and lifting it to his lips. "Come on~"

He was going to reply but narrowed his eyes at your puppy dog eyes. "Alright," As he chewed slowly at the strawberry and chocolate you move closer hopeful for him to approve. "Not bad,"

"Ha!" You punch the air in success. "Told ya," eating your own strawberry, Alastor rolled his eyes yet again, his smile growing. Taking out your stylus and tablet you try to find a comfortable spot, acting like a demon compass.

"Uncomfortable, Cherie?"

"Not for long," laying your head in Alastor's lap the perfect position was finally found. Your eyes look up to his, both locked; his not knowing what to do and yours glinting against the sun. 'You don't mind, do you?"

"Not at all," Alastor adjusted to suit you better, reading on as you sketched Niffty and Alex in the distance.

~~~

Alastor had leant back, head rested on a pillow he had conjured, his hand ran through your hair, twirling the ends along his finger. You were now against his chest, humming along to a tune stuck in your head.

"What has gotten stuck in that head of yours, sucre d'orge?"

"Your reprise,"

"My reprise?"

"Yeah, the whole, 'you have a dream, you wish to tell and it's just laughable... blah blah blah',"

"That's what's stuck in your head? I'm glad my voice is memorable," his smug look made you scoff.

"Oh no! Guess a better song has taken over my interest!" You dramatically gasp.

"What song would that be?"

"I'll figure something out," scrolling through a playlist you contemplate song after song before landing on a simple song you would enjoy, and more importantly, annoy Alastor.

"What is this garbage?"

"A slowed version of Havana," It was perfect; suggestive, slow, and definitely not electro swing. If he wasn't annoyed with this then you give up. Angel would have actually enjoyed this song with you, too bad he's doing... stuff with Husk.

"This is rancid,"

"Exactly, you hate it, I like it, perfect,"

"Annoying me will only end with you on the losing side, Cherie," he lifts your gaze from your tablet to meet his challenging eyes.

"I'm willing to take that chance, Bambi,"

"I'm not sure you are..." his hand snaked around your waist and pulled you up, his other hand supporting him. Tracing his thumb along the edges of your bottom lip, Alastor looked from them to your eyes.

Time slowed, as cliché as that sounded, but you couldn't focus on anything more except the way he looked at you, held you. You couldn't wait, not another second, because you've waited, dreamt, hoped to do this for so long.

They were soft, caring and shocked. He was rusty, he admits, but he got lost in the touch.

You, Y/n L/n, were kissing the Radio Demon, a fictional character thought up by a real person, a person who drew him and created him in her mind.

And you were kissing him.

Of course it had to end. In the most painful way possible.

~~~

"Morning, sunshine," B/f/n, your co worker and friend sat in a chair knitting a sweater.

"B/f/n?" You groan, clutching your pounding head. "Where the hell am I?"

"Hospital, stupid, why the hell am I your emergency contact?"

"Because you're my only friend, dumbass," sitting up against the cushions you looked down to see your no dominant hand wrapped in bandages. "What happened?"

"You got hit, playing miss 'I'm a hero' by pushing that kid out that way... the family paid for the hospital bill,"

"Thank god, I would not have been able to pay for this,"

~~~

:)

- Anna ❤️