𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦|𝙊𝙄𝙆𝘼𝙒𝘼ʳᵉᶜᶜᵘᵉˢᵗ

╭──────────╯•╰──────────╮

request by REBORN-GODDESS

how is he so pretty like, sir—

╰──────────╮•╭──────────╯

Oikawa nervously sat in the school cafeteria and bounced his leg. a yummy sandwich from his mum was waiting in front of him but it seemed like his tastebuds gave out and his tongue turned into a log of wood as he had absolutely no taste whatsoever. 

he finally was in a relationship after such a long time, a happy one at that because his girlfriend shared his love for volleyball as she was a libero for the girls' team at his school. that is why he hated the feeling of being scared and guilty. he felt even more scared and anxious because of feeling guilty even though he knew he has no reason for it.

he just feared the possibility that he might make the same mistake and that history will repeat itself.

the fateful match with Shiratorizawa was coming up as his team managed to beat Karasuno. the team was bombarded with extra practices by the coach. they had one every day and now even on saturdays. Oikawa felt like his body is about to explode but the sole thought of laughing into Ushiwaka's face was what kept him going. 

still, here he was, feeling like he already lost.

(name)'s team lost against Shiratorizawa already so they didn't have that many practices. they planned a lovely date for saturday. watch a movie at the cinema, then grab food at some nasty fast food and binge even more movies at Oikawa's as his parents were out of town. the genius idea of additional practices on saturdays ruined this date before it even had the chance to begin.

the pair didn't cancel dates often because they mostly hung out only at weekends or studied together after school. but whenever they did, Oikawa felt like it was always because of him. and his heart and head started to be filled with the horrific question 'what if?'

"are you going to eat that?" a sweet voice snapped him out of his thoughts and he looked up to see his short libero girlfriend take the seat opposite of him. he just shook his head, even though his stomach sang like whales in need of food. (name) frowned and lifted the sandwich, stuffing it in his mouth. "you need food if you are supposed to defeat Ushiwaka!"

"(name)~chan!" Oikawa yelped after he gulped down the food shoved in his mouth.

"i'm so excited to watch the match! i'll be in the front line!" she cheered and placed face paints in the colors of the school on the table and Oikawa knew that everyone will recognize her in the crowd.

"about that..." Oikawa started and rubbed his neck, hanging his head down. (name) frowned again and grabbed his slender fingers on the table. her face assured him that whatever he is, she will understand. "i have to cancel our date on saturday. coach insists on having extra practice."

"i under-"

"i'm really sorry. it's like a tradition for us already and i keep canceling quite often. i hate it. i keep having this feeling of you growing tired of me. i really am sorry, (name)." Oikawa blurted out and the girl's heart cracked as she saw tears welling up at the edges of his eyes. he truly loved her and so did she in return.

"Tooru, i understand. don't worry about it! just do your best to beat Ushiwaka for me!" she beamed and cupped his cheek with her small hand. Oikawa felt like he doesn't deserve this angel of a woman. he stared in her (eye color) eyes which he loved so much and printed the sight of her generous smile in his mind. without hesitation, he darted over the table and pressed his lips on hers. it caught her off guard, definitely, but she kissed him back nevertheless.

"you're seriously the best, (name)~chan," he whispered once they parted. (name) then insisted on sharing her lunch with him because he needs the nutrition and all that. she then asked him if he has his tightening knee pad for his bad knee and gave him two of her energy packs. he felt like he's in heaven with this girl and she shared one more passionate kiss before she left the cafeteria and went home. Oikawa made sure to do his best during practice and pushed everyone to their limits, but without breaking them. he gave the best sets and his serves almost broke the planks in the gym.

all of the team members yawned as they gathered in front of the gym for their super early, all-day, practice on saturday. Oikawa wished all of them good morning and made sure to stay away from morning Iwaizumi because that was just a death sentence. he was searching for his keys to open the gym but it caught him by surprise that it was already opened and the sounds of balls hitting the ground echoed outside.

Oikawa pushed the doors to the side and his jaw dropped at the sight of the coach on a high stool by the net, sending strong balls towards the one and only (name) in the schools' girls' sports attire consisting of a white tank top and mint green shorts. she wore her also mint green knee pads and elbow pads, sweat running down her whole body and her (hair color) in a messy ponytail swaying behind her with every movement she did.

the coach decided to be sneaky and passed a ball to the exact opposite side of the court to where she was standing. she was quick to run and slide on her stomach, reaching out her arm to receive the ball. she had enough momentum which boosted her back on her feet to a crouching position. the coach was impressed and was sad that they can't have her on their boys' team because she would be a strong weapon against Ushijima.

(name) finally noticed the boys standing by the door and wiped the sweat off her face and jogged towards them with a water bottle in hand. she took a strong sip and waved at them with her free hand.

"hey guys!" she smiled and side hugged Iwaizumi. (name) was pretty much the only person he could tolerate this early in the morning. the girl then ruffled Kunimi's hair which annoyed the hell out of him and he stuck his tongue out at her. after that, the boys left their captain and his girlfriend alone as they went to change.

"what are you doing here (name)~chan?" he asked with shock in his voice and the girl just smiled at him even more.

"the coach asked me if i could assist him and help you during your extra practices since i know all of you well! of course, i agreed! we get to spend time together while doing the thing we both love!" she cheered and without hesitation, Oikawa pulled her into a hug. he had to crouch down a little bit to bury his face into her shoulder.

"you're the best, i don't deserve you," he mumbled and she giggled while she tried to push him away.

"come on Tooru, i'm sweaty!" she exclaimed and tensed up once she felt his lips press a kiss on her neck.

"i love you," he whispered once he pulled his face away and stared into her eyes.

"i love you too." she stood on her toes and rubbed her nose against his. "and i'll make sure to receive each and every one of your serves!"

"oh, you're on!" he chuckled and quickly rushed to change so he can enjoy his practice/date with his girlfriend.