𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵|𝙆𝙐𝙍𝙊𝙊ᶠˡᵘᶠᶠ

╭──────────╯•╰──────────╮

╰──────────╮•╭──────────╯

the sky was colored in a nice orange color as the sun started to go down but the air was filled with single cheers and sounds from the volleyballs hitting the ground. the grounds of the nekoma high school were long before empty but the door to the gym was wide open.

you were a very good friend of the nekoma boys' volleyball team captain and that had its advantages, like him having the keys to the gym and taking you on private practice since you were a member of the girls' team. even though you were a first-year when you two met for the first time, you two bonded quickly because you were both middle blockers and you were one of the rare people who were able to block Kuroo's spikes.

after the not so successful first year for the girls' team, you decided to leave and instead become the manager for the boys' team since they always whined about needing one. you became something like their mom, sister, and therapist sometimes. but you could never truly abandon your passion for volleyball. Kuroo knew that and that's why he decided to spend his evenings with you in the gym whenever both of you had free time.

throughout your first year, you slowly developed a crush on the middle blocker which later on formed into deep feelings. you were grateful for him. you were ready to give up on your favorite sport but he kept it alive and going, even if it was just the two of you. he didn't know that you were glad about being alone with him.

"ha! i'm winning!" you cheered once the ball hit your forearms and flew back to Kuroo's side of the court.

"we said we won't be keeping track of points!" Kuroo yelled back and threw the ball to your side because it was your turn to spike. you jogged to the end of the court where you hit the ball a couple of times before speeding up, throwing the ball in the air and hitting it as strong as possible, easily going through Kuroo's block.

you could say it was simply because you were that good at volleyball or because you were distracting Kuroo all the time. you were unaware of that, but Kuroo had a hard time focusing on volleyball whenever you were near him. of course, when it came to real matches and you were standing at the bleachers, he did his best just to show off but when you were up against him, he couldn't help but steal some glances at you here and there.

a couple of spikes later, Kuroo was still left without a single point and your block wall unbroken. you did your little celebration dance but once you heard Kuroo laughing, your cheeks turned red and you hung your head low to cover it. you were distracted and Kuroo knew that. he wanted at least one point and this was his chance of getting it. he jogged to the end of the court while you prepared to block him again.

"oy (y/n)!" he yelled before speeding up and throwing the ball in the air. "could you stop blocking..."

"never!" you yelled instead of letting him finish, which was a mistake.

"...my way into your heart?" the words left his lips and you were completely shocked and lost your focus. Kuroo spiked the ball but you didn't bring your arms up which left the ball hitting your face with full force. you fell down on your bottom but that didn't hurt as much as your red face. you held your nose with your palms and tears prickled at the edges of your eyes.

"(y/n) i'm sorry! are you okay?" Kuroo bent under the net to run to you but you turned your head so he wouldn't see the tears running down your cheeks. it wasn't because it hurt or anything, you got hit multiple times during practice. it was simply because of what he said. you stood up and without even looking at the worried boy, you ran out of the gym.

Kuroo felt his heart sink at that moment. he was afraid he hurt you but he was more afraid about losing you. did he overdo it this time? he always teased you but you always brushed his pick up lines off without reacting to them. what changed now?

he wasted no time and ran after you, not even bothering to take his things or lock the gym. you could be anywhere for him to know, but he knew you and he was also aware of your favorite place at the school and that were the bleachers by the running tracks. so he took off there.

meanwhile, you sat there with your hair swaying in the wind and your cheeks itching from the tears. your nose didn't bleed but it hurt like hell, more because of your constant sniffling. you always ignored Kuroo's teasing because you always thought he doesn't mean it. of course, he couldn't mean it. the other teammates always told him to keep it down but he just couldn't stop himself in your presence. what did change today?

you were always flustered during your private practice but today felt like the last drop. you just broke down and not because of the ball hitting your face. you kept your feelings inside for so long and every balloon eventually pops, right? you could say that the ball in your face was like a needle in a balloon.

"hey." you heard his silent voice and felt him sit down next to you to which you immediately turned your head the opposite way.

"leave me alone," you whispered and rubbed your nose again.

"yeah, i just hit you in the face with a volleyball and you ran off crying." he grabbed your cheeks and forcefully turned your head to face him. he saw your red nose and teary eyes. you were embarrassed and he felt guilty for making you cry and hurting you. "not happening."

"i don't want to talk to you." you tried keeping your distance but Kuroo was unbreakable when it came to you. he just threw his arm over your shoulders and brought you closer.

"sure, then i'll talk." he grinned without waiting for your answer. "i don't know what changed today. i hit you with one of my pick up lines as i do every single day. so i really don't know what changed in that little head of yours but you need to know that my feelings towards you never changed."

"what do you...-"

you weren't able to finish because the second you lifted your head, your lips were pressed against Kuroo's. your teary eyes widened before you closed them and returned the kiss, tangling your hands in the boy's raven bedhair as his strong arms wrapped around your waist. both of you refused to pull away while your lips danced together but sadly, air was a necessity. you gently pulled away while breathing heavily and Kuroo leaned his forehead against yours as you smiled softly.

"i guess you could say that i finally broke through your block." Kuroo whispered which made you giggle silently. your laughs were like music to his ears but he gladly cut you off with another kiss.